Welcome Rural Metro!

EMT2015

Forum Captain

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just give it a couple more years and then AMR will own everything.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
Falck as a whole is.actually much, much bigger than amr or r/m

Actually Falck reports 35,000 employees in 46 nations, which includes emergency medical, fire, tow, safety education... basically they do everything public safety. Envision (AMRs parent company) reports 35,000 employees in 1 nation. Rural metro has 8,000 employees in 1 nation. So Falck is actually about 1/5 smaller than the new AMR (each companies successors and subsidiaries are included), not including the new merger with R/M. I live in Orange County and hear all the time how big Falck is, no it isnt, it is the same size as EVHC and just as diverse. Their ambulance operations are actually very small. the majority of their business is tow trucks and industrial health/safety.

sources:
http://www.business.dk/raadgivning/falck-stormer-frem-i-udlandet
https://www.evhc.net/WHO-WE-ARE
Rural metro figure from SEC reports.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
They've tried to own my county... It hasn't happened yet.

Give it time, Harvey will either retire or cross the rainbow bridge. then AMR will offer his family more money than they can refuse, then American ambulance, then Norcal ambulance and they will have the entire western US on lockdown, just wait and see.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Falck's largest endevour is security, worldwide. Under many names.

Righteous

Forum Probie
Hiring freeze? I was trying to move from RMA to AMR but I've gotten no response even though they are actively recruiting. Amr is closer to where I live.

Ill just wait it out. More curious than anything.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Hiring freeze? I was trying to move from RMA to AMR but I've gotten no response even though they are actively recruiting. Amr is closer to where I live.

Ill just wait it out. More curious than anything.
AMR just bought RM... Just hang out a little longer and request a transfer.

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
The FTC, or whatever it's called, approved the merger on October 1st. Now we need to wait for the other regulatory organizations to approve it but the Federal one was the biggest road block. So sounds like every thing is moving forward! They expect to be merged by the end of this year.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Does anyone know if they are going to keep the Rural Metro name or change it all to AMR?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Done deal. AMR has already assumed control of the City of San Diego contract.
Yep. AMR is also sending down paramedics from other divisions to temporarily fill open medic positions for ~15 days.

CALEMT

Yep. AMR is also sending down paramedics from other divisions to temporarily fill open medic positions for ~15 days.

Really? How do I score that gig? Wouldn't mind working SD near the beach... oh wait... I need the fancy p card to do that...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Really? How do I score that gig? Wouldn't mind working SD near the beach... oh wait... I need the fancy p card to do that...
You need a P card and they are only trying to send down supervisors or medics who have worked in the system before. Our newest supervisor got sent down today for his first shift.

CALEMT

You need a P card and they are only trying to send down supervisors or medics who have worked in the system before. Our newest supervisor got sent down today for his first shift.

M&M? I figured I took a bullet covering Blythe, I may get the "golden ticket" for SD haha. Then I saw medic positions.