Washington Paramedic Jobs

yowzer

Forum Lieutenant
Oak Harbor's my home town; grew up outside the base. Sorry to hear you're moving there. ;)

Good news is there's a few nearby EMS services that employ non-firefighter medics: Whidbey General Hospital EMS, Skagit County Medic One and San Juan Island EMS come to mind. Bad news is that they rarely hire. You'd likely have a very long drive to find anywhere that'd let you volunteer as a medic. As others have said, it's not a very good region for a career in EMS, especially non-Fire; too few openings and too many people.

OP
OP
R

RickyP

Forum Probie
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Cascade Ambulance? I see they are mainly IFT but at this point I would take it.

Also, I know there was a lot of talk about joining a volly service to get the affiliation I need to get a cert. Do paid service welcome volunteers at all? I know where I live now (Jacksonville, FL) you can ride as a third person on the rig. You dont get paid but a lot of people use that volly time to get in good with the service to spring board into a job.

OP
OP
R

RickyP

Forum Probie
Or what about Central Valley Ambulance in Skagit County? Ive heard they do the 911 there.

MediMike

Forum Lieutenant
Cascade does a good mix of IFTs and 911, their 911 call volume is low, but the demographic they serve normally only calls for aid when they truly need it. Also, their IFTs are pretty sick patients a lot of the time, something to look into. From what I've heard they've been looking for on-call folks and thats about it at the moment. Word is ALS down in Yakima is hiring, AMR Moses Lake has had postings for quite a while, no clue if their actually picking people up, and Ballard Amb in Wenatchee might have one opening. Now of course all of these are on the wrong side of the mountains for ya, but worth looking into.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Cascade is a good service, but I hear it's tough to get in over there. ALS in Yakima just hired a bunch (like 6) of new full and per diem medics, but it's worth putting an app in. AMR has had that posting for the Moses Lake opening up for months. They were planning on hiring bunch of medics, but I understand that is on hold. Rural Metro hires quarterly, they just hired a few. More openings should be coming there soon.