Wanted ; battle dressings and PA/airhorn combo

certguy

Forum Captain
Hi guys ,

Does anybody know where I can find some military surplus battle dressings at a reasonable price ?

Are there any companies out there that make a PA / electronic air horn combo ? I don't want a siren .

JPINFV

Gadfly
Why would you want just a PA and... You know, never mind. I'll never understand some people's obsession with turning their car into a mobile disco light.

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
Thanks for the info ! Sheriff's dept. wants to use our CERT team to assist in evacuations . The PA would help and I like electronic air horns , as they get people's attention better than a regular horn .

If you hear of any leads on the battle dressings , let me know . They're small enough to be able to carry a bunch in my gear for disasters .

God Bless ,

Craig

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
From another C.E.R.T. and ex-USAF med tech/nurse

"Battle dressings"..you can buy the unitized ones but they are not cheap. Yo could make your own, sterilize them in foil wrappers then overwrap with plastic then resteruilize every now and then (have to look that up).
Me, I like a bunch of sterile paired 4X4's in their envelopes, and 3 inch MEDIRIP. Slap on the compress, whip on the MEDIRIP (no cutting and rips better than Coban), move on. Keep a bunch of triangle bandages as well. ABD's...overrated, thery don't promote clotting, and clotting is what we want.