waiting on National Registry results! argggg!

jakobsmommy2004

Forum Crew Member
hi im new here. just finished basic class and took the written. those qusetions were crazy lol. seems like just throw your book out :wacko:

michelle

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
ah the waiting period....always fun...however i diddnt take the NREMT just the state test.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
"Now the real learning begins!"

You can check your results online, but if more than 3 weeks pass and you don't see results online, call them and politely ask them if you can verify the information that they have. They fat fingered mine, and I ended up getting my results by mail before I got them online.

And they only update the database once a day at 5pm EST on weekdays, so if you don't see your results at 2pm EST, and you don't see them again at 8pm EST, you won't see them so quit clicking "reload." :)

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
Theres always that area that you need to know that will never ever be in your text book...EVER! This section is also known as: "Every call you will ever go to," with that being said I'm sure you did fine, good luck with the results. oh yeah, welcome to EMTLife!! :)

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
the nremt exam is easy. every answer is high flow O2 and rapid transport.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
You forgot Scene Safety and Open the Airway.

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
scene safety...always scene safety....dont become the patient.

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
Ahhh yes. EMR... registration... I hated it.

We got our results for the scenario back right away but then... the waiting period for the written.

It was hell.

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
Hahah thats all common sense.

THe only thing that EMRs can do is walk in with a c-collar and NRB... hahaha drive fast!

EMS215

Forum Probie
Hey, I just took the NREMT exam too. I took it on the 21st in Gloucester County NJ. Waiting is the worst part.

EMS215

Forum Probie
well, it's a week later, we'll see if the scores get posted @ 1700 like they should. Hopefully they will cause I can't take this waiting crap anymore

slawson

Forum Crew Member
still waiting..

i took the test for the 2nd time dec 18 and still have not heard back! there has got to be something done here people! lol

WVfirefightersmom

Forum Probie
i took the test for the 2nd time dec 18 and still have not heard back! there has got to be something done here people! lol
HA! I took the NREMT-B test the first week of Dec 06, and stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllll haven't heard a thing! You're right something does have to be done. On a related topic.... I found the NREMT test ridiculous. We were all taught/lectured on the new protocols for AHA-CPR, etc....and the test did not, in any way whatsoever reflect anything that we'd been taught. I've gone with the notion that "if I passed that test, I'll kiss your butt in Court House Square!" I passed with all A's every single every other test, including our state test. There were questions that had not one answer choice to relfect what we'd been taught. I mentioned this to the "tester" after the test and in regards to one specific questions, was told that that was a "TYPO" that had been on the test for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE... which is what I told him. Also...3/4 of the way into the test the "tester" announced the following..." OH, BTW, all of the questions are based on OLD protocols...!!!" Well wasn't that a nice time to inform us of that... like we hadn't figured that out already! I was so angered by that time that I just in no way believe I passed. I was soooooooooooooo frustrated. (I call him the "tester" because I won't dignify him with any other title... any idiot could have given that test with better information, integrity) Anyways.. it's been over 4 weeks now and NOTHING!

slawson

Forum Crew Member
wow...

HA! I took the NREMT-B test the first week of Dec 06, and stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllll haven't heard a thing! You're right something does have to be done. On a related topic.... I found the NREMT test ridiculous. We were all taught/lectured on the new protocols for AHA-CPR, etc....and the test did not, in any way whatsoever reflect anything that we'd been taught. I've gone with the notion that "if I passed that test, I'll kiss your butt in Court House Square!" I passed with all A's every single every other test, including our state test. There were questions that had not one answer choice to relfect what we'd been taught. I mentioned this to the "tester" after the test and in regards to one specific questions, was told that that was a "TYPO" that had been on the test for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE... which is what I told him. Also...3/4 of the way into the test the "tester" announced the following..." OH, BTW, all of the questions are based on OLD protocols...!!!" Well wasn't that a nice time to inform us of that... like we hadn't figured that out already! I was so angered by that time that I just in no way believe I passed. I was soooooooooooooo frustrated. (I call him the "tester" because I won't dignify him with any other title... any idiot could have given that test with better information, integrity) Anyways.. it's been over 4 weeks now and NOTHING!

THAT SUCKS!! I took the test for the first time (and failed) on Dec 4 and it was graded on the 11th. Took the test again on the 18 and not even close. This is rediculous I think. NR said that they only grade tests from about 3:30-5:00 each evening. Thats insane. What do they do with the rest of thier damn time?

The test wasn't as I expected, but it was somewhat. I knew that something was going to be different than all the book tests we were taking but oh well.

Here's to missing 70% by one question and paying another 70 bucks - one expensive question if you ask me.

WVfirefightersmom

Forum Probie
THAT SUCKS!! I took the test for the first time (and failed) on Dec 4 and it was graded on the 11th. Took the test again on the 18 and not even close. This is rediculous I think. NR said that they only grade tests from about 3:30-5:00 each evening. Thats insane. What do they do with the rest of thier damn time?

The test wasn't as I expected, but it was somewhat. I knew that something was going to be different than all the book tests we were taking but oh well.

Here's to missing 70% by one question and paying another 70 bucks - one expensive question if you ask me.

Just out of curiosity.. what state do ya live in? I agree about the assumption that the book tests were gonna be different than the NREMT test... but here's a thought... LET'S TRAIN THESE PEOPLE ON WHAT THEY WILL ACTUALLY BE TESTED ON!?!?!?!? OR TEST THEM ON WHAT THEY WERE TRAINED ON!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't require rocket science does it???? DUH~!
Yes... that IS an expensive question.... but I'm sorry but I have seriously wondered about the "TIMING" of all this. I mean come on....Test is on Dec 5...it's now Jan. 5 and nothing. It's the 21st century for God's sakes! Here's an idea... let's NOT grade tests until after the first of the year when the fee increases by FIFTY bucks....or, at least do it so late in December that in the event you fail, you can't locate another test site until the fee goes up. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ This is such a crock! I fully agree with your feeling on them only grading tests for an hour and a half a day. It again is a crock.

I just don't understand. They're supposed to be trying to turn out the best trained, best qualified EMTs, but the way they are going about things just doesn't add up. I mean honestly.. I invested nearly 5 months of my life in this EMT-B class.... and I mean INVESTED.. That's all I did in my waking hours. I literally stopped nearly everything so that I could do this. Do it, I did.... I know what I was taught and know it thoroughly. Then to be given a test that has not jack **** to do with the protocols we were taught... TYPOS (or so they said) on the NREMT TEST.... I feel like I wasted all those months of my life!....... MY MONEY, ...(over $200.00 total...no one paid my fees... no one)...Do they even care? I think not. I did notice that online it said that no application, or scoring would take place until the appropriate fee had been received... well guess what... MY CHECK CLEARED that I wrote them on test night... THEY HAVE MY MONEY,,, and as of today I have NOTHING. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :censored:

Please forgive my ranting... I am so frustrated and upset. I am very glad to have this forum to "vent" on.. but I will definitely try to control myself in the future...Again.. I apologize. It's just very hard... I worked my 52 year old BUTT off learning this INSIDE AND OUT and unless by some miracle I passed , I feel like it was all for nothing. Long story short... I'll believe it when I see it. :sad:

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
When I took my NREMT-P test the one's who failed got there results back faster than the one's who passed. So maybe the long wait will be worth it. :)