Wages

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Why does everyone give a yearly salary instead of hourly pay? I would like to see how much per hour, how many hours a week. The yearly salary may look good until you dig into the details.

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
My breakdown, 06:50 to 17:30, (10 hours 40 minutes a day, 42 hours and 40 minutes a week?), four days a week for $19 an hour + any overtime.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
$22.33 an hour on 24/48 = 72.4k a year but I am also the Earl of the Wheeled Chair so it’s totally not awesome.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My hourly is something like $21.62

I know my bi-monthly salary lol, (no OT, take home after taxes if I only work my regular shifts is $1,470-something... for comparison my rent alone is $1500/mo)

All OT is time and a half, so I have to take my OT hours and how much OT monies and do math, that rate is $32.43 , more math to get the 21 and change number lol

That's on a Kelly schedule, 24hr shifts, every other day for 3 shifts, then 4 off in a row XoXoXoooo, works out to 2 or 3 shifts each week.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Every two weeks I get a check for $1,678.31 unless I had overtime. We are paid the same amount every week even if you did trades that had you working more or less than a typical week on the 48/96 schedule. My hourly rate is 21.30 but there is also some FLSA pay on top of that which I can't make sense of.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
It's tough to judge too because of various shift incentives. There are frequent shifts that I'm pulling over $70 an hour, I've had a couple holidays where I made 90 an hour; normal for me is around 40ish. I also get far more PTO that I will ever use so I also get money selling that back, and I get some employee stock dividends. I get various differentials for different specialty shifts, different environments, if teaching or doing leadership shifts. I also get yearly bonuses for my specialty certifications as well as our merit bonus. Depending on the year I take home 100-120k.

Same for when I was in fire, we got paid different rates based on OT, picked up a partial shift, were acting officer, went on a wildland deployment (or covered shifts for someone on deployment), and so on.