WA State EMT's

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm curious about this patch. Does the yellow/black patch mean anything specific in WA? I've noticed blue/white seems to be the standard color.

2r43m1x.jpg

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Nawwww.....You can get Gold on Navy, Gold on Royal, White on Navy, White on Royal, Gold on Black/Navy (like yours), even Gold on Green.....there may be others. My service used to wear kakhi and green jumpsuits with the Gold on Green patch. Looked kinda funny. Unique, but funny. (Order from the Sheriffs Office I guess.) Now, we wear either navy jumpsuits or navy pants with a white or navy shirt. That patch we are issued, and the one I wear is the gold on navy, but they let us wear any of the navy, royal, or black ones.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks doll! They're pittsburgh steelers colors. I'm a diehard.. so naturally the colors caught my eye. :p

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The one I use for my avatar is the one that comes on the uniform my company provides. I have a black and white one on my SAR quarter zip.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks doll! They're pittsburgh steelers colors. I'm a diehard.. so naturally the colors caught my eye. :p

Steelers, eh?

WA state has a pretty simple patch compared to other states. But that is a good thing.........

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Exactly. I think they're made by a different vendor. They're a little bit smaller than the Royal/white ones on my other uniforms.

I think I have a bunch (10 or so) in a drawer if you guys want one...

I actually just went and looked at one as I was putting away laundry. They're actually white on a a really dark midnight navy blue.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
WA state has a pretty simple patch compared to other states. But that is a good thing.........

Why is that? :glare: You have something against the California Style EMT Patch? ^_^

38_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

kd7emt

Forum Crew Member
Mmm...that's a pretty patch to look forward to. Inspires me to get back to studying.

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
These patches bring me back to how bad I wanted the different merit badge patches back in boy scouts. When you earn one it gives you a since of pride and accomplishment.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
These patches bring me back to how bad I wanted the different merit badge patches back in boy scouts. When you earn one it gives you a since of pride and accomplishment.

I got a little teary eyed when I opened my NREMT packet and my patch slipped out. It's the first one I've gotten so I'm all mushy about it. :blush: