Virtual Scenario Simulations?

Mike97

Forum Probie
Does anyone know of any computer simulations for EMS scenarios?

I recently took a hybrid NRP class and found the online simulations to be really helpful for preparing for the hands on section. I've looked around for something similar, but can't seem to find anything. Most of what I've found is geared towards schools and instructors creating their own scenarios. However, I'm looking for something that would just give you various scenarios to work through. Does anybody have experience/ideas with this?

Thanks!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I don’t know of such, but now I have an idea for my next quarantine project.

What did I do with that python book...
Got my java book within arms reach. Too bad my motivation is on the other side of the continent, relatively speaking.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
So, looking for ideas here. Do you(anybody) think this would work best as a 1:1 VILT type deal or as pre canned virtual scenarios that, given the time, you could memorize and put up great scores but not learn anything?

1:1 would obviously have to cost more and be scheduled. What do you think you’d be willing to pay for VILT type scenario based simulations, perhaps by thee hour? I use dart sim at my agency and my guys really like it(the one still willing to learn and train). Putting that feed live online with someone on my end running the controls isn’t the hardest coding project ever undertaken, but there will be costs and licensing associated. I’m curious what that might be worth.

OP
OP
Mike97

Mike97

Forum Probie
I’d definitely pay for it. I wonder if you could have an online class where an instructor controls a simulation for a multiple students? So they would guide the simulation for the whole group.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
I’d definitely pay for it. I wonder if you could have an online class where an instructor controls a simulation for a multiple students? So they would guide the simulation for the whole group.

Sure, the more the merrier; but how much? That's what separates profit and bankruptcy.