Vaccines required to work in EMS?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Google it. :)

Yea, I don't let hysteric, poorly vetted news stories keep me from protecting myself from exposure while working (or not for that matter).

Let me rephrase, which vaccines specifically are you wary of?

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
Ya can't fix stupid :p

If you want to see some weapons grade stupid, check out NaturalNews or AoA. I can feel neurons dying just typing those names.
For those of you interested in reality, Orac at Respectful Insolence spends an amazing amount of time de-constructing the spittle flecked lunacy of the anti-vax crowd.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
OP
OP
L

lateralligator

Forum Crew Member
Yea, I don't let hysteric, poorly vetted news stories keep me from protecting myself from exposure while working (or not for that matter).

Let me rephrase, which vaccines specifically are you wary of?

No need to "rephrase"--I actually understood you the first time. Stupid conspiracy theorist that you've already concluded--in your I'm sure VAST experience I am.

Loose the ****ish attitude and I may respond to your question at some point. :cool:

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Without giving medical advice...

Myself, my wife, and my daughter have all of our immunizations to date. They also have TB as it is scheduled where they were born.

We will continue to have all of our vaccinations and boosters, including HPV when my daughter is 8.

Hep B and HPV vaccines are the only 2 vaccines that help protect (nothing is 100% in medicine) against cancer. Hepatocullular carcinoma and cervical carcinoma respectively.

Every person who does not get an immunization not only places themself at risk, they help facilitate resistant organisms that can nullify the benefit of vaccine for everyone else.

Vaccines are medicine. Not all vaccines are indicated all the time. (like varicella) However, that is a discussion for you and your doctor.

Not you and wikipedia.
Not you and conspiracy theories R US.
Not you and www. freeherbalremedies.org

You don't need to go to medical school in order to determine the safety or value of a vaccine.

You just need to ask for that information from somebody who did. The fee for accurate and dependable information is definately less than the cost of looking back with regret.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I guess i understand the people who dont get vaccines, as i am sort of one of them. I got the ones for the big diseases, but i have stopped getting a flu vaccine about 7 years ago as i entered college. I have never experienced symptoms of such and dont plan of getting it this year

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
No need to "rephrase"--I actually understood you the first time. Stupid conspiracy theorist that you've already concluded--in your I'm sure VAST experience I am.

Loose the ****ish attitude and I may respond to your question at some point. :cool:

It's not a ****ish attitude, it is legitimate curiosity. I have not concluded that you are conspiracy theorist either, just that you are unwilling to share which vaccines you find to be ineffectual or dangerous. That's fine.

And for the record, what exactly should I be googling?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus

I also asked, and I don't believe I projected any attitude.

lsmft

Forum Probie
Here it is:

• Tdap, or Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis separately.
  • MMR
  • Varicella or titers drawn within a year.
  • Hep B
  • Tuberculin every year.
  • Flu every year.
  • and Hep A is encouraged to have.

Last edited by a moderator: