USA Drive along help needed

Belgian EMT/nurse

Forum Crew Member
Hi everyone!

I need some help!
My dad and me would like to go to the US to do some drive alongs with an ambulance service. My dad once did that in the early 90's at the former EMS service in New York. Now it's my turn:p, he want's to come along though. Now, we would like to do this somewhere in 2011 or 2012. I think I would prefer to go somewhere around april. Off course we need a destination and contact information. I do have some criteria though:p. I would like to go somewhere where it's warm around that period and somewhere we can have some vacation, do some sightseeing, maybe somewhere we can go to the beach and things like that. It doesn't matter wether it's fire based, private or third service. It has to have a quite large call volume though.

Thanks in advance

piranah

Forum Captain
You ask a lot...give it some time....I don't work in a very busy system and April is chilly here...srry

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Its possible something can be worked out in Rockland County NY. I can not promise anything but If your serious, Ill look into it. April is chilly here too.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
My dept is in close proximity to DC. It's in the low to mid 60's in April, and in the 70's and 80's by mid May. The beach is three hours away from here, though. The dept is a fire based, dual role EMS transporting dept. We have 37 stations, over one million residents, and much transient traffic for work and also passing through I-95, I-495, and I-395. The highest call volume is at station 408, 409, 410, 411, and 422. Contact the dept at this number if you're interested:

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fr/