Unsolicited Survey for First Responders

Chem2Do

Forum Probie
I am a Master's student at TESU gathering information for my research paper, how paramedics or first responders make decisions on the job. The objective of the survey is for research purposes and getting background information on first responders' jobs. My professor wants me to get at least 30 first responders to answer a questionnaire. I do not have a commercial or financial interest in the survey. The survey is educational purposes only; not going publically dispensed or the survey answers are brief and no personal information requested. I understand how busy everyone is and the crisis. My professor is pushing me to do this so I can have my data, not someone else. Please fill out on or before April 11, 2020. I hope to get 30 participants. here is the link *removed as obsolete...see below**

Last edited by a moderator:

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Done.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate forum.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
EMS talk

And done.

Monday

Forum Probie
Done.

It's an interesting topic, just wasn't quite sure on the scaling, if doing more extended version of it in the future I'd perhaps qualify the meaning of scale points in more detail for a better standardized orientation.

OP
OP
C

Chem2Do

Forum Probie
I am a Master's student at TESU gathering information for my research paper, how paramedics or first responders make decisions on the job. The objective of the survey is for research purposes and getting background information on first responders' jobs. My professor wants me to get at least 30 first responders to answer a questionnaire. I do not have a commercial or financial interest in the survey. The survey is for educational purposes only; not going publically dispensed or the survey answers are brief and no personal information requested. I understand how busy everyone is and the crisis. My professor is pushing me to do this so I can have my data, not someone else. Please fill out on or before April 11, 2020. I hope to get 30 participants. here is the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VDDGXVT
Hello everyone, I am a Master's student at TESU gathering information to finalize my research paper. I am asking for your assistance to answer a more streamlined and unsolicited questionnaire. I hope this questionnaire will take less of your precious time in the field. Thank you in advance for your participation. Here is the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...damp0svkYUUy9npy1T5SjyEA/viewform?usp=sf_link

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Hello everyone, I am a Master's student at TESU gathering information to finalize my research paper. I am asking for your assistance to answer a more streamlined and unsolicited questionnaire. I hope this questionnaire will take less of your precious time in the field. Thank you in advance for your participation. Here is the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...damp0svkYUUy9npy1T5SjyEA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Thank you for not requiring members to sign into their Google account to fill out the form, and for not requiring any identifiable information.

OP
OP
C

Chem2Do

Forum Probie
Thank you for not requiring members to sign into their Google account to fill out the form, and for not requiring any identifiable information.
Thank you, ffemt8978 for your kind words. I deeply respect all the forum members.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I was confuse by rating our decision making. Like is a high mean we feel very confident in our decisions? That is what I assumed and rolled with.

One of the questions asking for 5 call types, I felt like outside issues influenced my stress rather than call type (even pediatric arrest and major traumas). I tried explaining it. We tend to follow an algorithm and what happens to the patient is mostly out of our control. Even a critical call like a cardiac arrest, it is a very serious call, but we just follow ACLS and the outcome generally is not good. If a patient as a stroke, I just get their last seen normal time, get historian info, establish an IV, and transport to a stroke center. Outside of EMS, that might seem scary and stressful, but I think a lot of us don't think that way. I love the Adam's family quote chaos to the fly is normal to the spider. Call types don't bother me, it's things like working with a bad partner, messy ambulance due to lazy crew being last on the unit, rude firefighters, etc. I hope my answer to that question didn't ruin the survey, but thought I'd post it here too.

The call type thing might not be stressful to me because of how close hospitals are for me. I sometimes wish my transport times would be longer so I get time to do things like start a drip or intubate. Our transports are frequently very short that I can't do anything if it is a "load and go" type of call. Our average transport is only minutes long, even trauma (we have three in my county). Almost every hospital in my county is STEMI and stroke so it is hard to go wrong. It makes call type kind irrelevant to me because I can go anywhere and it is minutes away.

Last edited:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Haha, I didn't even read all the other posts to realize that the first post was hecka old. XD Sorry!