UNIMED Quick Access Pak (Q.A. Pak)

Last edited:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm, it looks very similar to a bag I used at a service a few years back, idk if it's the exact same make/model or not, but looks pretty darn similar.

I liked it as it was our BLS Bag, it was big enough to fit all our BLS gear. Oxygen, masks, cannula, v-vac suction, opa, npa, bandages (including the big bulky trauma dressing), tape, BP cuff and stethoscope, even a CPAP mask...
Downside is that makes it bulky and a bit heavy. We always basically just left it on the gurney lol. It was easier for us because that was a fire based service so there was always an extra firefighter to help carry it once we were dealing with a patient.
It was nice to have one bag that can handle all the basic calls (though we did still have a seperate, dedicated trauma bag), but was pretty bulky so I can see where a lot of people didn't like that..

Attachments

• 20140418_122215.jpg
    20140418_122215.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 20140418_122328.jpg
    20140418_122328.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 303
OP
OP
C
Hmm, it looks very similar to a bag I used at a service a few years back, idk if it's the exact same make/model or not, but looks pretty darn similar.

I liked it as it was our BLS Bag, it was big enough to fit all our BLS gear. Oxygen, masks, cannula, v-vac suction, opa, npa, bandages (including the big bulky trauma dressing), tape, BP cuff and stethoscope, even a CPAP mask...
Downside is that makes it bulky and a bit heavy. We always basically just left it on the gurney lol. It was easier for us because that was a fire based service so there was always an extra firefighter to help carry it once we were dealing with a patient.
It was nice to have one bag that can handle all the basic calls (though we did still have a seperate, dedicated trauma bag), but was pretty bulky so I can see where a lot of people didn't like that..

Jim,

Thanks, I sent you a PM regarding the bag and it’s setup.

-Bruce B.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
One of the agencies that I worked with used this as our bag prior to our current bag, the 5.11 BLS Responder. It was an okay bag, especially if just doing BLS. I would have liked a little more customization and durability, but overall pretty decent.

With all that being said. I don't like the price. I know several other trauma/o2 bags for similar or lower price that are built much better.

OP
OP
C
Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Last edited: