Uniforms...

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
Ok,

I've searched the forums with no luck so I started a new thread. Where is the best place to buy uniform pants online? I have a ride along next week and I'm required to wear the uniform. I need a pair of navy pants... where is the best place to buy em? Where did you get yours from?

Thanks in advance!

roxychick

Forum Crew Member
Ok,

I've searched the forums with no luck so I started a new thread. Where is the best place to buy uniform pants online? I have a ride along next week and I'm required to wear the uniform. I need a pair of navy pants... where is the best place to buy em? Where did you get yours from?

Thanks in advance!

you can try and look for a medical supplies or fire supplies in your area. If not here's a website where I got all my supplies but I got it at their actual store here in San Diego.

http://www.aceuniforms.com/

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I don't know how much you want to spend, but this our uniform. I have several pairs that have faded out; before wearing thread bare. They also do not have that "dorky" bulky or snap EMT pocket, rather nice contoured.

http://www.aspenmills.com/

R/r 911

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
there are literally hundreds of online retailers of ems uniforms. google emt pants and you'll find them. pick the one that has the pants you want at the best price. theres a few varieties.

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
you might need to find an army/navy kind of store local if you need them by next week... all the ones I've seen online require hemming. To have something hemmed in MY house requires about 4 days at the dry cleaners!!!

OP
OP
Jeremy89

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
you can try and look for a medical supplies or fire supplies in your area. If not here's a website where I got all my supplies but I got it at their actual store here in San Diego.

http://www.aceuniforms.com/

What a coincidence...the company I'm riding with is actually Julian Fire - a couple hours from San Diego. Maybe I'll check them out...

Thanks!

roxychick

Forum Crew Member
What a coincidence...the company I'm riding with is actually Julian Fire - a couple hours from San Diego. Maybe I'll check them out...

Thanks!

Are you down here in SoCal? Cuz if you have the time you can just drive down there. Might be like an hour or so if your coming from Julian!

OP
OP
Jeremy89

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
Well, I actually live in AZ but no one offers ride alongs here. My grandparents live in SAN and I figured I'd stop and see them while getting some EMS experience. If you look at one of the other threads, I explained that I was thinking about moving to CA for the summer because I could work there (either Julian or Rural/Metro) at 19 where here, most companies require you to be 21. I'm gonna see if I like it and depending on that, and a job interview I just did, we'll see what my summer plans are! Who do you work for?

roxychick

Forum Crew Member
Well, I actually live in AZ but no one offers ride alongs here. My grandparents live in SAN and I figured I'd stop and see them while getting some EMS experience. If you look at one of the other threads, I explained that I was thinking about moving to CA for the summer because I could work there (either Julian or Rural/Metro) at 19 where here, most companies require you to be 21. I'm gonna see if I like it and depending on that, and a job interview I just did, we'll see what my summer plans are! Who do you work for?

Rural/Metro actually just hired me...orientation is next month! Which company did you just have an interview with?

OP
OP
Jeremy89

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
It was for a job at a hospital here. How was the RM Interview? Do they require all Certs at the time of application? Cuz I really don't want to go through the trouble of getting a CA Driver's License, Ambo License, and transferring my Cert just to be told "sorry but we can't hire you".

roxychick

Forum Crew Member
It was for a job at a hospital here. How was the RM Interview? Do they require all Certs at the time of application? Cuz I really don't want to go through the trouble of getting a CA Driver's License, Ambo License, and transferring my Cert just to be told "sorry but we can't hire you".

When I came in to turn in my application I turned in my County card, medical card, and ambulance cert. Also before coming into the interview you're going to need your H6 otherwise they won't interview you. I'm sure you can call them or talk to Angela if you can email her your application and talk to her about your situation. As far as you just working here over the summer...it might be harder for you to get a job unless you don't tell them about that part. lol They're usually looking for people who will be there for the longrun and not just a summer job ya know?

OP
OP
Jeremy89

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
When I came in to turn in my application I turned in my County card, medical card, and ambulance cert. Also before coming into the interview you're going to need your H6 otherwise they won't interview you. I'm sure you can call them or talk to Angela if you can email her your application and talk to her about your situation. As far as you just working here over the summer...it might be harder for you to get a job unless you don't tell them about that part. lol They're usually looking for people who will be there for the longrun and not just a summer job ya know?

The only thing Angela said is "my best advice is to apply for the job and go from there" so yeah...I wish there was an easy way to do this, but there isn't! I'll prolly end up staying here and keep trying with the hospital...otherwise I'll just give up and be a Target slave for the rest of my life! (God I hope not!!) ;)

phunguy

Forum Crew Member
"Well, I actually live in AZ but no one offers ride alongs here"

Don't know who you are asking but you can do a ride along with all departments here. Phoenix, Glendale, Peroria among others allow ride alongs just fine. Call the station, ask for the captain and ASK if you can do a ride along with his shift in the future or if another shift would have the opportunity. Since this is an EMS board I assume you want to ride along with the ambulance so make sure you pick a station thta has one.