Uniforms

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
We wear tan button-down shirts with black BDUs. For underneath the tan shirt, we have the option of a black T-shirt or a tan company t-shirt. For the cooler months, the company also supplies black gloves, tan hats, black job shirts with red lettering, and red and black coats.

True story: when we transitioned from hospital-based chase truck to private service, they were trying to choose our colors and one of the medics jokingly said "How about black and tan?" (after the beer). Somebody liked the idea...

Jinx

Forum Crew Member
Anyone got any pics of any of these uniforms? Would be great to see some :)

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I don't like white because of stains. All dark blue gets you confused with cops, while that or black means you blend in at night on the side of the highway if you aren't wearing a vest. I also think t-shirts look really unprofessional. Beyond that, no real preferences.

JB42

Forum Crew Member
Putting this picture up pains me....:blush:

At my old FT service we had light blue button ups and black BDUs with the company logo on one of the pocket flaps.

Long sleeve button in the winter with a faux turtle neck under it with company initials on it, short in summer with a couple of weeks a year as your choice. The button up is not required after a certain time at night (can't remember exact time) until 7am as it wastes time when getting up from bed. Company t-shirts were usually worn at night. Windbreakers, reubens, and vests were buy them if you want them and had a company logo embroidered on them. You still needed a button down regardless of it you wore one of the "extra" uniform pieces.

Edit: Oh, and Paramedics had gold brass and supervisors wore white button downs.

Attachments

• n507385828_860849_4865.jpg
    n507385828_860849_4865.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator: