Uniforms

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
What company, in your opinion, has the nicest looking uniforms?

VCEMT

Forum Captain
Life Line Medical Transport(Ventura), Gold Coast Ambulance(Oxnard), AMR, Oxnard Fire, Santa Paula Fire, Ventura County Fire, and Fillmore Fire.

Any company or FD in Ventura County, to be more vague.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
K

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
Yea i work in Riverside, some of the best lookin uniforms i've seen

kittaypie

Forum Crew Member
i'm not a big fan of the AMR uniforms in LA county. we wear light blue shirts and dark blue pants. i really like AMR ventura though, they have dark blue shirts and pants. it looks a lot better.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah, LA County's are kinda weird looking. Riverside's are the same. At least San Bernardino gets to wear the polos.

piranah

Forum Captain
my company uses charcoal grey pants and white shirts button up...i think it looks very professional

Epi-do

I see dead people
Since I am in Indiana, I have no clue what the uniforms in CA look like. Likewise, you have no idea what uniforms around here look like. Wouldn't it make more sense to also describe what the uniform looks like?

Personally, as long as the uniform is neat, clean, and well taken care of, I don't really care what it looks like. The only exception to that is I HATE white shirts for EMS. They are impossible to keep neat and clean. I have worked for a couple different services that used white shirts, and I never understood it. There are so many other colors to choose from. Why not gray?

JonTullos

Forum Captain
What Epi said. I had a non-EMS job once where I had to wear white shirts 99% of the time and it was impossible to keep it clean. I'll vote for blue or gray anyway.

The service I'm going to work for wears light blue shirts and navy pants. Kindda stinks because I had to buy black pants for clinicals... so yeah. LOL But, it'll be alright. Found some great deals and I'm going to take advantage.

Personally I think any agency that uses the gray shirt, black pants model looks really good.

absolutesteve81

Forum Crew Member
What Epi said. I had a non-EMS job once where I had to wear white shirts 99% of the time and it was impossible to keep it clean. I'll vote for blue or gray anyway.

I agree on the white shirts. We have two services around my area that uses the White shirts. I understand they look professional (They really do) but MERCY would I have issues keeping those bad-boys clean.

We were Polos, Dark Blue and Burgundy (alternate colors daily) and I hate them. They are sooooo freakin hot during the summer. But on the flip side, I don't think we'd be taken serious in blue-jeans and a t-shirt

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
FDNY EMS has a great uniform... and they have the option to either wear the long sleeve buttoned up, short sleeve button up, polo, or fleece.... looks good.

hey so do most EMS CO.s give you the option to wear long sleeves? like AMR southwest, rural metro ETC....

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Since I am in Indiana, I have no clue what the uniforms in CA look like. Likewise, you have no idea what uniforms around here look like. Wouldn't it make more sense to also describe what the uniform looks like?

Personally, as long as the uniform is neat, clean, and well taken care of, I don't really care what it looks like. The only exception to that is I HATE white shirts for EMS. They are impossible to keep neat and clean. I have worked for a couple different services that used white shirts, and I never understood it. There are so many other colors to choose from. Why not gray?

That's kind of the point of wearing white, they're tough to keep clean and people know that, if you walk in with a clean white shirt it means you take the extra step to keep it clean and neat. It tells your patient that you will do a neat and professional job. We have the white uniform shirts and I actually like it, take it off at the station while you're eating your spaghetti and meatballs and you'll be fine. I cringe knowing that people would rather have a different color so they can skimp on being neat and clean because things don't show up as well.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
hey so do most EMS CO.s give you the option to wear long sleeves? like AMR southwest, rural metro ETC....

Yes, AMR allows long sleeves. You have to if you have visible tattoos on your arm (aka, if they're not on your shoulder, covered by the short sleeves). I haven't seen anyone who doesn't have tattoos opt to wear the long sleeves, at least here.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
That's kind of the point of wearing white, they're tough to keep clean and people know that, if you walk in with a clean white shirt it means you take the extra step to keep it clean and neat. It tells your patient that you will do a neat and professional job. We have the white uniform shirts and I actually like it, take it off at the station while you're eating your spaghetti and meatballs and you'll be fine. I cringe knowing that people would rather have a different color so they can skimp on being neat and clean because things don't show up as well.

I don't know many patients who would put that much thought into it. I doubt they care what color your shirt is as long as you're able to take care of them. Just my $0.02.

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
i think the white shirts looks horrible too... the navy has always had a problem with our working white uniform (white shirt, and white pants) it was just to hard to keep up, and didnt look good either. so they changed the working uniform to a color uniform (black pants, and khaki shirt) which looks MUCH better... and even if one sailor is a shiit bag he will still look ALOT better in the new uniform than if he was wearing the whites... good call on the navy... i think EMS is moving towards the same thing... i think the EMS uniform should resemble the fire depts (usually blue shirt/polo, with blue pants)

Epi-do

I see dead people

Actually, since I am a civilian employee for the FD these days, I no longer work someplace that has white shirts. I have class B's, t-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts, and rubins (sp?) now. Honestly, as long as my shirt is neat, clean, not wrinkled, etc. I believe I look just as professional as when I worked for services that had white shirts. The color of the shirt isn't important, in my opinion. It is the condition of the shirt that ultimately matters.

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
true.... but white shirts are MUCH harder to keep up than say a blue or black shirt. its not just spaghetti and food you have to worry about... its the little things like rubbing up against a dirty wall in a PTs home... or sitting in a dirty chair... i had it all the time when i had to wear my whites.