Uniform Advice

navywifeforlife

Forum Ride Along
Hi Everyone,

I am currently taking my first EMT class and I really enjoy it. However, I went out to get my first pair of pants the other day and left empty handed. Every pair I tried on came up to my "girls" literally! Does anyone know if they make a low rise cut for women? I even tried on a pair of men's pants, not much difference. There are only two stores here that carry the uniforms and can take as long as 3 weeks to order them in. So, I'm most likely going to order some online.

I am also trying to decide on a pair of boots. Lots of my friends wear the 5.11 but say not to get waterproof b/c they are too hot in the summer. Any advice, pics you have would be greatly appreciated!!!

BNB

Forum Probie
Most of the ladies around here wear ****ies and 5.11 and they fit them just fine from the looks of it :)

TyBigz

Forum Probie
When i bought mine you pick out the waist size you need and then the people tailor the length to fit your boots. They called me the next day to say it was ready.

OP
OP
N

navywifeforlife

Forum Ride Along
****ies, huh...Thanks so much for the advice!Guess I'll have to check them out again. Nice to know they are "flattering", lol :p

These are a few I found online that I kinda liked, but ya never know till you slip them on :unsure:

5.11 Tactical Series Women's TDU Pants
Item# TR627 | Mfg# 64359

5.11 Women's Taclite EMS Pants
Item# TR730 | Mfg# 64369

DutyWear U.S.A. EL100-DN **

Anjel

Forum Angel
OP
OP
N

navywifeforlife

Forum Ride Along
Thanks so much for the info!! I was reading of the reviews of the ****ies and they were so mixed. Are your pants lower in the waist than most? And thanks for the advice on ordering a size/two up. When I tried on pants the other day I needed a small in them, they fit but weren't at all comfy and the mediums swallowed me and I don't consider myself small by any means...

OP
OP
N

navywifeforlife

Forum Ride Along
****ies, huh...Thanks so much for the advice!Guess I'll have to check them out again. Nice to know they are "flattering", lol :p

These are a few I found online that I kinda liked, but ya never know till you slip them on :unsure:

5.11 Tactical Series Women's TDU Pants
Item# TR627 | Mfg# 64359

5.11 Women's Taclite EMS Pants
Item# TR730 | Mfg# 64369

DutyWear U.S.A. EL100-DN **

Anjel

Forum Angel
Thanks so much for the info!! I was reading of the reviews of the ****ies and they were so mixed. Are your pants lower in the waist than most? And thanks for the advice on ordering a size/two up. When I tried on pants the other day I needed a small in them, they fit but weren't at all comfy and the mediums swallowed me and I don't consider myself small by any means...

All ems pants are gonna at least go to your navel. But those are a lot better than most

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
All ems pants are gonna at least go to your navel. But those are a lot better than most

5.11 has a pair of low rise women's pants that my fiancé loves.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
If they go all the way up to your boobs I suggest getting a better bra, lol. I'm on the athletic side of average and all the women's cut pants I've tried on fit somewhere between the hips and waist.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Our squad issues 5.11 pants, and my girlfriend like them, they do come up to just below the navel, so your not getting a jean cut, but they are pretty comfortable for a girl. Taclite is best.

As far as boots go, magnum has a new technology that makes all boots BBP resistant, but the 5.11 boots are also pretty good, I like the bates GX-8, never felt my feet get hot

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've heard positive things about Elbeco's women's cut. And my GF is wearing the 24x7 tac pants - they seem to fit just fine. ;)

Nerd13

Forum Lieutenant
Elbeco makes a Ladies Choice line that I find to be very comfortable. I have a naturally low waist and there is a little extra fabric but no where near what I've experienced with ****ies and to some extent my 5.11s. To each their own though...

Sasha

Forum Chief
****ies makes women's pants. I'm currently wearing a pair of navy blue pants I got from old navy. I forgot what the material is called but they work just as well and sit low on the hips.

OP
OP
N

navywifeforlife

Forum Ride Along
Wow, when I posted this I didn't realize I would get this much help! You guys are amazing...it's nice to know there are some pants out there that come to your navel. I hate to wear pants that high, but it beats having them about 2-3 in above your navel! And thanks for the advice on the boots as well, you guys ROCK!