Under Armour uniform shirts make a world of difference

Sasha

Forum Chief
Are you kidding me? Off duty uniforms??? If I don't get paid for my off duty time, then they don't get to dictate what I wear or how I act outside of gross legal misconduct.

OP
OP
paramedichopeful

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
you better believe it. this guy in my class just got pulled into the office the other day and the director went wild. the door was shut but you could still hear "white trash" and "idiocracy" out in the ambulance bay. mr. hardass himself rules the roost around here

Sasha

Forum Chief

JPINFV

Gadfly
you better believe it. this guy in my class just got pulled into the office the other day and the director went wild. the door was shut but you could still hear "white trash" and "idiocracy" out in the ambulance bay. mr. hardass himself rules the roost around here

Damn, I hope he doesn't see my current classmates. I guess we're a bunch of white trash students for showing up to class in jeans, t shirts, and sandals. Heck, only three of our classes actually has a dress code and those are for specific reasons (gross anatomy="clothes you're willing to burn" Osteopathic principals/practices=loose shorts and a t-shirt. Essentials of Clinical Medicine=business formal when working with patients).

OP
OP
paramedichopeful

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
Damn, I hope he doesn't see my current classmates. I guess we're a bunch of white trash students for showing up to class in jeans, t shirts, and sandals. Heck, only three of our classes actually has a dress code and those are for specific reasons (gross anatomy="clothes you're willing to burn" Osteopathic principals/practices=loose shorts and a t-shirt. Essentials of Clinical Medicine=business formal when working with patients).
no. when i say white trash, we're talkin "@#%&*($$)(&^&*#&#" and everythign else on a t-shirt, ratty torn up jeans with crusty crap all over 'em, and this guy that wears steel toe boots with no socks and they have no laces in them. so, i guess the version around here is a little different from yours.

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Paramedichopeful....
were still waiting to hear what all you have learned in class so far.... you been in class for a few weeks and all we still hear about is fancy ambulances and taking pictures of the woo woos.

I would figure by now you would be at a point that you would be starting to discuss patient care and asking about things gone over in class.

Share something.... clinical wise.... anything.

Sasha

Forum Chief
no. when i say white trash, we're talkin "@#%&*($$)(&^&*#&#" and everythign else on a t-shirt, ratty torn up jeans with crusty crap all over 'em, and this guy that wears steel toe boots with no socks and they have no laces in them. so, i guess the version around here is a little different from yours.

Doesn't matter, it was his off time. If he wanted to run around in a two sizes too small speedo and cowboy boots, that is his business what he does on his off time, NOT the fire departments. He is not the king of his own little country and able to dictate what people wear off the clock. I'm pretty sure if he terminated someone over that he'd lose the court battle.

Foxbat

Forum Captain
I'm pretty sure if he terminated someone over that he'd lose the court battle.
I doubt it... After all, there are colleges which can kick you out for what they consider immoral behavior (even if it's done on weekends off campus), perhaps a public service organization can kick a volunteer/employee out for what he does in off time. I know there is difference, but still...
In any way, it's pretty ridiculous. If a service would discipline someone over wearing uniform or whacker t-shirts off duty, that would make sense. I wonder if some departments actually do that.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Depends if it is an at will state or not... and if not what the official regs and state laws say...