Ummmm, yikes?

gradygirl

TROUBLE
just got off a call. gang related shooting, pt. pronounced at the ed. 5 shots, 2 to the heart. retaliation likely, mom's freaking out. and all on my second day...

that is, after yesterday when we moved a 715 lb. pt. with 10/10 abd. pain. and earlier this evening when we had a van vs. city bus t-bone.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
just got off a call. gang related shooting, pt. pronounced at the ed. 5 shots, 2 to the heart. retaliation likely, mom's freaking out. and all on my second day...

that is, after yesterday when we moved a 715 lb. pt. with 10/10 abd. pain. and earlier this evening when we had a van vs. city bus t-bone.

Welcome to the jungle! Oh how I remember those days and OH how I don't miss them. :)

OP
OP
gradygirl

gradygirl

TROUBLE
probably about 6 hours on the job last night and i was given a nickname: bloodbath.

oldschoolmedic

Forum Lieutenant
It always warms my heart to watch the trauma monkey jump straight onto the new guys back and sink in his claws. That means the little bugger will leave me alone for awhile.

Enjoy the ride, it only gets better from here.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief

welcome to the club...accidents involving city buses make me f-ing crazy, i've been to court 4 mother f-ing times over that Sh-. "Oh, my neck hurts", i'm getting mad just thinking about it.

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
TCERT your new nickname is well deserved. Don't call on the 29th I don't want you to ruin my white cloud, I'll stay up in Enfield. Are you sure that you don't want to get on the HP car and do renal round up or few burn and returns?

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
a rather rough start Tcert

hang in there

~S~

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
It always warms my heart to watch the trauma monkey jump straight onto the new guys back and sink in his claws. That means the little bugger will leave me alone for awhile.

Enjoy the ride, it only gets better from here.

Amen Brother. Hate it for you but better you than me. :)

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
probably about 6 hours on the job last night and i was given a nickname: bloodbath.
Boy talk about baptism by fire! I think I hate your new nickname, UGH! :wacko: all I can say is be safe and lots of soap and water!

OP
OP
gradygirl

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Well, last night was actually pretty fun. We ended the night with a "groin pain" that turned out to be a guy stoned off his butt after smoking crack, snorting 2 bags of heroine, and taking 4 Darvocet. Our last was a pt. with an ankle fracture that was about || far from opening. The gun shot victim actually had 9 bullets, 4 were in his mouth...

And as for the nickname, there are a number of reasons why it actually fits, but I got it because I got one of my sleeves covered in blood by a bloody, combative pt. who wouldn't let me take his bp. The medic preceptor who intercepted us (which is actually a 3 man crew: EMT, medic preceptor, and medic preceptee, so it was the preceptee in the truck teching) called me "Bloodbath" when he saw the jacket...and it stuck...or rather, he officially dubbed me Bloodbath in front of about 10 people, including the supervisor, so...

But to make things even better, I am now part of the Fantastic 5 or 6, depending on the night. That is, me, my FTO, my partner, and the precepting medic truck apparently work together a lot, as I discovered last night. So the two trucks together are the Fantastic crews. And the preceptee is now "Fabulous Dan." The things that are decided at 0200 on a Sunday morning...

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
when we moved a 715 lb. pt.

:blink: holy crap. That's a bit.. uh... excessive. I think that's more than what my super fat pony weighs. ((but he's cute, so it's ok))

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
:blink: holy crap. That's a bit.. uh... excessive. I think that's more than what my super fat pony weighs. ((but he's cute, so it's ok))

Thats why you need a FART truck.

Fat
Ambulance
Response
Team

:lol: :beerchug:

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Lucky you, now that you have the trauma monkey maybe I will not longer be the SH*t magnet at work...of course I go to the city truck next month so who knows this may only be a 1 shift thing...

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey Tcert!! do you folks have a "heavy duty lift ambulance" for those big patients or does fire help with those "lift" assist calls. My back just aches at the thought of that! Does anyone's agency have a set up like that?

OP
OP
gradygirl

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Hey Tcert!! do you folks have a "heavy duty lift ambulance" for those big patients or does fire help with those "lift" assist calls. My back just aches at the thought of that! Does anyone's agency have a set up like that?

Oh, how I never want to work bus 925 again...that's the number of our bariatric ambulance. It's got an oversized box, a HUGE stretcher, a wench, ramps, the works. Yet, we still need to get those big people on to the stretcher, so yeah, fire comes and lends an indispensable hand.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Well then, my back still hurts at the thought.....:blink: Santa Barbara Co does not have a "big boy truck" at least that is something....

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
EVERY division has a FART truck (Fat @ss Retrivial Team - Thanks Jeff;)).

Around here, we don't have one vehicle dedicated to it - we have the system and can put it in one of 5 rigs.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
TCERT - Sounds like you are having fun.

Bloodbath, eh?

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
Now that I think about it.. I'd much rather take a bath in WATER... but hey... maybe I'm weird like that... hehe

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
You think bloodbath is a bad nickname? We've got one guy we call the grim reaper!