UK EMS Crews Busy with Squeamish 'Saw III' Viewers

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Hollywood's horror hit, "Saw III," is keeping British emergency medical crews hopping with squeamish movie patrons being overwhelmed by its realistic gore.

Emergency medical technicians made three visits to Cineworld in Stevenage, Herts, Friday night. Two adults were treated at the scene for fainting and a 20-year-old woman had to be taken to the local hospital until she calmed down, the BBC reported Tuesday.

---Rest HERE: http://www.emsresponder.com/article/article.jsp?id=4366&siteSection=1 ---

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant

Hollywood's horror hit, "Saw III," is keeping British emergency medical crews hopping with squeamish movie patrons being overwhelmed by its realistic gore.

Emergency medical technicians made three visits to Cineworld in Stevenage, Herts, Friday night. Two adults were treated at the scene for fainting and a 20-year-old woman had to be taken to the local hospital until she calmed down, the BBC reported Tuesday.

---Rest HERE: http://www.emsresponder.com/article/article.jsp?id=4366&siteSection=1 ---

Well I guess I don't feel so retarded now for fainting after getting up to take a leak and waking up on the floor. Damn head still hurts though. :p

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Is this article for real? Man, the UK is full of weaklings then! ;-)

Or we're just really hardcore about our gory movies.

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant
Is this article for real? Man, the UK is full of weaklings then! ;-)

Or we're just really hardcore about our gory movies.

I dunno, I can kinda see where they're coming from. Copious amounts of blood, decapitation, amputation, etc. doesn't bother me but for some reason seeing an exposed brain in Saw III did...don't think I'll be a brain surgeon anytime soon. B)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I don't like blood. When I'm at work it's a work thing that doesn't seem personal. At work I see blood and guts as more of a scientific work-type thing. At home I see it as a make-a-sacrifice-to-the-porcelain-queen-type thing.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I don't like blood. When I'm at work it's a work thing that doesn't seem personal. At work I see blood and guts as more of a scientific work-type thing. At home I see it as a make-a-sacrifice-to-the-porcelain-queen-type thing.

Me too. I'm ok on the ambulance when I have the adrenaline pumping... but watching gory things (even some scenes in ER can bother me) just isn't my thing. I think the reason it affects me so much is watching gratuitous violence, pain, injury, etc. reminds me that this stuff has happened or is happening to real people - and it upsets me because as much as I try to play tough I am just a damn bleeding heart.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Scary movies give me nightmares, so I avoid them...kinda like I avoid feces and vomit when I am at work!