Uh....Hi?

rugbyguy

Forum Crew Member
Hey so saw this is the place to make introductions, so hi.

I'm a FF/AEMT working full time right now. I am finishing up my A&P series and will be starting my paragod school in the fall. And I have found a passion for my A&P so I've been considering continuing and getting my BA in the sciences so I can maybe go to PA school one day if my body stops wanting to be a firefighter.

Um don't really know what else to say, glad I found someplace with actual discussions.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Where are ya going to medic school?

OP
OP
R

rugbyguy

Forum Crew Member
Umpqua community college in Orygun

Gymratt

Forum Probie
Going to piggyback off rugbyguy here and introduce myself as well. Paramedic for almost 15 years, ems almost 20 years. Private service which answers all 911 calls in a service area of almost 200,000. Got questions I probably don't have the answers but will try LOL. Besides EMS love to talk horses, physical fitness and college football. I also love hearing how people prep or pre plan meals for work and how its packaged kept cold or hot for quick use in the ems work place (the truck).

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Welcome sir

rmorrison

Forum Ride Along
I'm going to continue this continuous thread of newbies. First off, hey. I start my EMT-B training this fall, but that doesn't mean I don't already hangout at the firehouse and spend my days doing clinical's in the ED. I'm almost 16, so I can't start my training quite yet but I've done a handful of ride alongs and currently work in ED trauma doing clinical's with paramedic students. How'd I manage that? You're guess is as good as mine but I love it (I do have some training outside of the FD though).
Besides my love for EMS, I have a passion for baking and cooking. I'm as good as any guy when it comes to talking and watching college football, pro football and MLB. I love camping, waterskiing, boating and biking. Oh, and I have POTS! All of you who read this and go "WTH is POTS?," ask and I'll tell or google it. :D

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Going to piggyback off rugbyguy here and introduce myself as well. Paramedic for almost 15 years, ems almost 20 years. Private service which answers all 911 calls in a service area of almost 200,000. Got questions I probably don't have the answers but will try LOL. Besides EMS love to talk horses, physical fitness and college football. I also love hearing how people prep or pre plan meals for work and how its packaged kept cold or hot for quick use in the ems work place (the truck).

So about the meals, I normally make up a huge meal like stew, lasagna, or other things that can be easily frozen and freeze them into meal size food saver bags and take those to work and just drop it into boiling water or into the microwave, it's easy and little prep or clean up while on shift.