U.S Online medical gear sites?

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey guys, as the Aussie dollar is now almost at parity with the U.S dollar I thought id ask if any of our American friends know/use any good onlie (reliable) websites to buy gear from that also ship internationally.

I need to get myself another stethoscope as I left mine at a nursing home (rushed a suspected STEMI pt) and the next day no-one at the place knew anything about it. It was a Littmann classic II that cost me $125 aus :sad:

Any good sites you guys know fire away.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider

medic417

The Truth Provider

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief

medic417

The Truth Provider

Jay

Forum Lieutenant
I need to get myself another stethoscope as I left mine at a nursing home (rushed a suspected STEMI pt) and the next day no-one at the place knew anything about it. It was a Littmann classic II that cost me $125 aus :sad:

This is a fine opportunity for you to upgrade to the Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope, I have one and *LOVE* it, I can hear everything. Down side it is kinda heavy though and I am paranoid that someone will steal it.

Another idea and I have been toying with this one for a while is to pick up a Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope, I want one as a second that I can keep in the glove for late night calls. It is not as heavy, bulky as the Cardio III. I also would not have to worry that it will be a *huge* monetary loss of lost or stolen though I have not personally used one, I hear (no pun intended) that they are of good quality.

The list of sites thus far seem pretty good as long as they will not give you a hard time with the international shipping and of course you should verify that the package can be insured for international post before purchasing as only certain carriers allow this. The ears are a bit pricey for your neighbor to snatch the package off your doorstep while your at work after it traveled halfway around the world for you.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I have the lightweight s.e. 2 and love it. Better that the crapolla the company buys. You can hear lungs great heart tones are hit or miss though.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Might get beat up for this but try e-bay. It has it's fans and detractors, but I got my littmann Cardiology III NIB for $130 delivered promptly and as advertised. Just make sure you contact seller beforehand in re: shipping. I've sent my junk, I mean e-bay items all over the world without any issues.