Two questions

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
Anyone know where I can see all the newest AHA CPR guidelines so I can study them for my NREMT? Also this is an area specific question, but does anyone know of good schools in Rhode Island kind of close to MA that do a MAST class and maybe an Endotracheal Intubation class? Thank you all and stay safe.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
New AHA guidelines are supposed to be published in October.

OP
OP
M

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
I'm just looking for some place to look at the current one. I'm just trying reassure I know it. From what I've heard the national is harder than the state test I took.

feldy

Forum Captain
if you just want to get practice at doing something, call up a local EMT school or ambulance company, they may show you how to do it and run through it with you. I did that in louisiana when i had to take my nr practicals since i was reciprocity

OP
OP
M

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
The thing is it isn't actually doing CPR. I was using emt-nation-training.com and it seemed on some of the breathing questions I picked the wrong breaths per a minute some times. Which makes me wonder because I pretty sure I still know CPR so I'm just not sure why I keep getting them wrong. It just might be how they worded the question or something but I just wanted to make sure. :wacko:

feldy

Forum Captain
it was probablly the wording. I know that the wording on the NREMT can be tricky too. I had the same issue during my MA state written were the numbers for baseline bp were slighty off what i was used to seeing. But remain confident. whatever you learned in class is what is right.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
NREMT only use published AHA Guidelines and then allows a grace period of transition until the new procedures and changes have become active. They publish on their website and through their publication when such changes occur.

R/r911