TVs / Laptops on the Rigs?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Where I work it's common for someone to bring a small portable TV or Laptop with DVD player on the rig during the shift. It definitely helps pass the time when you only get one or two calls a night.

Im wondering what you bring on your rig. I know some companies have microwaves, and others have even cooler stuff. So what do you have or bring?

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I take a Portable DVD player w/ Mother, Jugs & Speed; or MASH along with me on LDT's. And a vial of dramamine b/c it makes me woozy. But it's better than reading a magazine home from a really long road trip.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Laptop (which is a DVD player)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MMiz@Mar 25 2004, 08:39 PM
Im wondering what you bring on your rig. I know some companies have microwaves
Microwaves????
I hear both PA and NJ DOH doing somersaults in their graves ;)

One of my Private Companies does ambulette transport for para- and quadra- palegics. Part of the contract "seal the deal" was the promise to get a portable DVD player installed.

kari518

Forum Ride Along
Our rigs are all equiped with laptops to write trip reports on, and they do have dvd capabilities, although we are a volunteer service and not required to sit in the rig all day, just be able to be at the barn within 2 minutes of a page. We are an incredibly lucky, well stocked volunteer service in a small town.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I also know of some services that have microwaves on the trucks, but ours dont.

Our units have pseudo-laptops in them, but it's really a MDT. We recently got power inverters that allow us to use regular plugs in the units, and those are nice.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by kari518@Feb 13 2005, 05:58 PM
Our rigs are all equiped with laptops to write trip reports on, and they do have dvd capabilities, although we are a volunteer service and not required to sit in the rig all day, just be able to be at the barn within 2 minutes of a page. We are an incredibly lucky, well stocked volunteer service in a small town.
Welcome Kari!!! You should introduce yourself!! :D