TransCare/SeniorCare/FDNY EMS

JumperDown

Forum Crew Member
Anybody here on the forums affiliated with or in operations with TransCare EMS and SeniorCare EMS. I just have some questions

AND if anybody is with operations down in MetroTech for FDNY EMS.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Anybody here on the forums affiliated with or in operations with TransCare EMS and SeniorCare EMS. I just have some questions

AND if anybody is with operations down in MetroTech for FDNY EMS.

Why do you need someone from operations at headquarters?

OP
OP
JumperDown

JumperDown

Forum Crew Member
Why do you need someone from operations at headquarters?

Well I just want to know how many candidates FDNY sends to the EMS Academy and when there might be another one. My friend who is 536 just recieved his letter for physical on the 12th of this month. And I stated before I'm 639. So Im just curious. FDNY has been a life goal for me so im anxious

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Is your life goal to be a firefighter or an EMT/Paramedic?

No one at metrotech can help you. They have over 100 phone numbers. Good luck finding someone to talk to you.

They hold an academy every 3 months of 60-90 people.

They are waiting for EMS members, self included, to be promoted to firefighter in the very near future (hopefully). We will lose around 300-600 EMS workers.

Physical agility testing is held on weekends at the academy and they handle around 20-40 candidates at a clip. You will be called in the next few weeks most likely.

Do yourself a favor and don't be yet another person to ignore my advice. Don't focus on getting hired, focus on getting your paramedic certification. I GUARANTEE you will be waiting a year longer maybe more with a list number of 600+. Don't sit on your *** waiting for a phone call. Pretend it doesn't exist and one day a letter will show up on your doorstep.

OP
OP
JumperDown

JumperDown

Forum Crew Member
Is your life goal to be a firefighter or an EMT/Paramedic?

No one at metrotech can help you. They have over 100 phone numbers. Good luck finding someone to talk to you.

They hold an academy every 3 months of 60-90 people.

They are waiting for EMS members, self included, to be promoted to firefighter in the very near future (hopefully). We will lose around 300-600 EMS workers.

Physical agility testing is held on weekends at the academy and they handle around 20-40 candidates at a clip. You will be called in the next few weeks most likely.

Do yourself a favor and don't be yet another person to ignore my advice. Don't focus on getting hired, focus on getting your paramedic certification. I GUARANTEE you will be waiting a year longer maybe more with a list number of 600+. Don't sit on your *** waiting for a phone call. Pretend it doesn't exist and one day a letter will show up on your doorstep.

BELIEVE ME !! I started making phone calls to St. Johns & BMCC about their Medic programs. I live on Staten Island so it's about where I can commute to the easiest. I'm hoping on going thru my Medic and get hired as a medic by a private company so I can get that experience. Ive got to admit, Math isnt my strong suit. So Ive gotta start studying.

& Btw thanks for the input on FD.
& Good luck with your promotion to Fire. Any word on it yet or is it still being determined by the courts ?

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
No real world only speculation. Supposedly they see aprilish as a realistic timeframe. The judge is a jackass.

That sucks staten island is the worst place to go anywhere from. St. Johns would be a hike but it is a good program. You do your rotations at city hospitals so it wouldn't be AS far.

OP
OP
JumperDown

JumperDown

Forum Crew Member
No real world only speculation. Supposedly they see aprilish as a realistic timeframe. The judge is a jackass.

That sucks staten island is the worst place to go anywhere from. St. Johns would be a hike but it is a good program. You do your rotations at city hospitals so it wouldn't be AS far.

Yea tell me about it. its also the worst place to work as well ( political ) but Id travel if its worth it. no problem

and the word is that open competitive will be thrown out only promotional will be allowed

goidf

Forum Crew Member
Methodst

you can also look into the Methodist program, when I was there we had a few FDNY guys from Staten Island, we also had rotation locations (both ER and bus rotations) in Staten Island

goidf

Forum Crew Member
Methodst

you can also look into the Methodist program on Kings highway in Brooklyn. when I was there we had a few FDNY guys from Staten Island, we also had rotation locations (both ER and bus rotations) in Staten Island

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
Ive got to admit, Math isnt my strong suit. So Ive gotta start studying.

If math is your main problem, then you don't have a problem. If you are looking at St.J's, they are more than aware that many students haven't done math in many years, and will happily devote a little extra classroom time (or arrange extra study nights) for those who need it.

mgaska84

Forum Probie
Remac

Ive been looking at FDNY EMS and they require a REMAC cert, what exactly is that? Being a medic from Seattle, how does one go about getting a REMAC cert? Also, does FDNY EMS hire NREMT-P's?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Ive been looking at FDNY EMS and they require a REMAC cert, what exactly is that? Being a medic from Seattle, how does one go about getting a REMAC cert? Also, does FDNY EMS hire NREMT-P's?

You take the REMAC exam. NYC remsco, google that and check out credentialing. It is the MAC exam - medical advisory committee aka protocols. You need to know BLS, ALS and general operating procedures. Read all 3, don't skip the bls.

goidf

Forum Crew Member
you need to have a NY State cert (NREMT does not count for NYC agency's) plus you need to get certified on the local protocols. You should be able to find all the info you need here:
www.nycremsco.org

firecoins

IFT Puppet
any Transcare or Voluntary ambulance people out there?

I did my paramedic program at St. Vincent's Hospital which was a voluntary until they closed in 2010. Albeit, I didn't work for them.

Hfd938

Forum Ride Along
hey guys just wondering if any one heard of the next class going in for ems i did the last exam and got a list number of 102 ive completed all my stuff and now just waiting any help would be greatly appreciated

rennex

Forum Crew Member
I was told by a couple reliable sources that Oct 9th was the next class, followed by one in january.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
yes, but you should be calling them and see if you have been signed an investigator. You have less than a month. You need the physical, psych and medical done.

Hfd938

Forum Ride Along
I've done all that already I spoke to my investigator she saidy file was submitted Im just wondering if that's bad or good?