Tomorrow is D Day!!! or at least NREMT Day!!

r6yr

Forum Ride Along
i know this is an old post but i was doing a search on "canton" and i found this. i noticed you went to stark state. i go to stark state as well for civil engineering but i think im going to be switching majors next fall and take the EMT-B course. do you think the classes at stark state are good enough for this kind of work? i guess i mean do you feel confident that you know enough to really HELP someone when the time comes? i would imagine that stark state has a pretty good course considering the school is the 7th largest 2 year tech school in the country and the largest in ohio. but at the same time i have felt that some of the classes i have taken as well as some of the people ive met that just about anyone can be accepted to and pass any course they want.

OP
OP
Fire219man

Fire219man

Forum Crew Member
Stark State has a very good program for EMT-B. If I had to take it all over again I would surely take it at Stark State. I have since moved onto EMT-I school at Robinson Memorial in Ravenna, and it's facilities don't compare to the Stark State ones. Stark being much better.

Any EMS class regardless of level will give you tools that you can use in the field. The most important factor is that you continue to review and refresh on what you have been taught.

If you haven't used a stair chair in a while, even though you were taught them, when it comes time to use one in an emergency situation, how could you expect to be proficient in it. Thats just an example. You need to practice I guess is what I am saying.

-Ben