Tips for EMTs with no experience in SoCal

Hi. I'm from Lancaster as well. Finished my EMT in AVC this Spring. I recently got hired in Americare. Most likely I will be stationed in Van Nuys. Seems like they're hiring a lot because they do their orientation twice a month. I haven't done the orientation yet because the problem I have is the commute to the orientation location which would be in Carson or Garden Grove (OC).
Best of luck to you with AmeriCare. If it were me, I'd apply to companies outside of LA/OC.

Chronic510

Forum Probie
Don't feel discouraged about not having alot of experience. A lot of companies actually prefer fresh/new EMT's.
They'd rather bring someone new on-board and shape/train them in how they do things rather than bring in someone who's been a EMT for awhile and is rather burnt-out and has his own way of doing things.

Also, you're in so-cal! Way more opportunities and companies out there. Than here in norcal.

OP
OP
ilazo

ilazo

Forum Probie
Took me 3 months to get a EMT job. Get all your certs and attach them when you apply for positions. If you get an interview make sure you show up with all your documents as well. For an interview make sure you shave, have a dressy shirt with a tie, and dressy pants and black dressy shoes. I use to hire people for a large bank and I was always surprised how people showed up to interviews. First impression will go a long way when they have so many new EMT's to pick from.
thank you for the tips. I have an interview tomorrow morning.