The upcoming election/issues

How do you plan on voting in the coming election?

• Democratic (Obama/Biden)

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Republican (McCain/Palin)

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Green/Libertarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

suziquzi99

Forum Crew Member
It's a tie, with America losing.

Love that!!
I don't like to talk politics because it gets me going but I am very curious about the votes for the Independents.

AlaskaEMT

Forum Crew Member
I'd rather vote for what I view as the lesser of the two evils that have a chance than vote for someone who has no chance.

That perpetuates the current system.

American citizens will eventually have to "waste a vote" if they want change. Keep voting for the lesser of two evils and you will have that same exact choice every 4 years... your entire life.

JPINFV

Gadfly
What perpetuates the current system is state legislatures that refuse to change how they appoint electors to the electoral college.

Hastings

Noobie
That perpetuates the current system.

American citizens will eventually have to "waste a vote" if they want change. Keep voting for the lesser of two evils and you will have that same exact choice every 4 years... your entire life.

You will NEVER ever get enough people voting for the Libertarian party for people to take notice; let alone to get someone elected.

The closest we've gotten to a new kind of candidate with a heavy following is Ron Paul, and look how well that went.

You have three choices in our system. Vote democrat, vote republican, or vote another party that has no chance of winning (thus, at best, stealing a vote from the former two).