The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Future FF EMT 14

Forum Ride Along
Hi my name is Michelle I'm starting school March 24th for EMT , then leaving in July for the fire academy, and after that I want to do medic .

TheG3RG

Forum Probie
Hi my name is Michelle I'm starting school March 24th for EMT , then leaving in July for the fire academy, and after that I want to do medic .

is ur emt class basic? i started wednesday and it goes thru may :/

EMTchic

Forum Ride Along
Hi I'm Stacy. I'm 31yrs old and live in Savannah/Ellabell Ga. I've been married to a U.S. Soldier for going on 15yrs. We have 3 beautiful children (2 girls and 1 boy). I am currently an EMT-I in school for EMT-P. I am still new to the profession but loving every minute of it. Up until now my job in life was being a wife and mother. I always knew I wanted to go into the medical field just didn't know where I would fit in (I'm a little to ADD for floor nursing or sitting in a doctor's office) until a friend introduced me to the world of EMS. So now that my children are older and all in school I can focus on myself a little and what I want to do in life. I hope to eventually become a flight Paramedic. Okay I think I have babbled enough. I look forward to getting to know different people on here and taking advantage of what this site has to offer. :rolleyes:

Test 1 test 2

Forum Ride Along
Howdy, thought I might introduce myself before contributing to the community. Call me anything you like, most use AVY. I know this is dorky, but I got into EMS after seeing the Scorsese film Bringing Out the Dead. To be honest, I was like, nuhh-uhh; NO WAY people do crazy stuff like that. Well, you/they/we do. So I jumped on the EMS wagon. To be honest, I wanted to be a nurse; but once I found out about the EMT-P to RN bridge degree, I set sail for EMT-B class. I am currently fresh out of the class with all my shiny new certs looking for a job. I have been stalking this forum for a few weeks, but look forward to being an active member. If anyone has advice on finding a job, being a better EMT, or just helpful hints in general; I am very open minded. But mostly I think I need to be working. :D

kosmarciukas

Forum Ride Along
freshly baked WEMT

I just finished my EMT-B and WFR! I'm looking to work as an EMT in San Antonio, Texas asap. Anybody here from the area?

I'm also interested in working for the rescue team in the city - what are some good resources to check out?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Hi, all.
My name is Adam I live in San Diego and I'm planning on starting my EMT-B class within the next couple of months. I'm on track to get my CPR certification by the end of this month (yeah I know, big whoop to most of you, but hey, I gotta start somewhere).
Anyway, I've spent the better half of five hours perusing the forum, there seems to be a fairly large amount of great information on here!
You probably won't hear from me much as I tend to lurk until I have a very good reason to post, like a question that my google-fu cannot answer.

jae

Forum Ride Along
Hi y'all!

Been lurking the forums for a bit, decided to finally start posting. Just found out I passed my NREMT this morning (yyesss!- I shocked as I wasn't really feeling good about it).

I'm 26 and living in NE Ohio. I'm researching Paramedic programs and hope to get some good Basic experience under my belt before I start.

EMTMama

Forum Crew Member
Hi, I'm Heather. I'm 38, married and have two little boys, 6 and 3. I just got my EMT-B license 3 weeks ago (woo hoo!), and am in EMT-I class. I still have a few pre-reqs to complete before I go on to paramedic school and am thinking I may want to get some field experience too. For seven years I worked for our state's only level I trauma center at a physician telephone triage service, and that's how I got the EMS bug. :)

Bodad

Forum Ride Along
Hello to everyone. My name is Bo, Im 39 and a husband and father of twin boys that just had thier 9th birthday. I have been a construction worker most of my adult life in a labor union. I had a injury that forced me to change my work environment. I chose the EMS field after carful consideration of what I would enjoy and be challenged by at the same time. The gratifacation that comes from truley helping someone is somthing no pay scale can reflect. With this in mind I passed the emt basic course and, after my second attempt, the NREMT. I have interviewed at a local hospital and expect to be offered a position in thier ER. Im happy to be a new member of the EMS community and excited to embark on a new career in what I expect to be a very rewarding job.

jae

Forum Ride Along
The gratifacation that comes from truley helping someone is somthing no pay scale can reflect..

I just wanted to say that, although I do love me some pay, I really, really love this.

ETA: And congrats on passing the NREMT, and the good prospect of a job offer!

emt_irl

Forum Captain
im dave from dublin, ireland.

i passed the nq-emt last november(your nremt) but have been a first responder for years before that... have a strong interest in ems in america so thought id check out here

emt_irl

Forum Captain
im dave from dublin, ireland.

i passed the nq-emt last november(your nremt) but have been a first responder for years before that... have a strong interest in ems in america so thought id check out here

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
guess I missed this thread

Hello, I posted an intro in the general area.. oops...

phildo

Forum Crew Member
Hi folks. This looks like a nice place. Seems friendlier than another site most of us know about. I am a paramedic in Southeast Texas, 22 years + change. 3 grown kids (but they never stop being your kids). I frequently check posts on other sites, and a nursing site too (just to see what their issues are) . Being a man of few words I post infrequently, so its likely I won't climb the hierarchy here any time soon. I tried to enter the chat room, but the bouncer kicked me at the door. I suppose you have to post x number of times to get into chat. Lemme know if I'm wrong about that. My user name is a nickname that my wife's little sister gave me years ago. Its a combination of my name and a popular intimate adjunct. I won't say who I am on the other site, but I don't care if you figure it out. I am impressed that there seems to be no spam here. TexasEMT is eaten up with it. I believe there's no such thing as a stupid question, and I'll never post an acerbic reply to anyone. It burns me up when I see that in other places, and its why I rarely post.

alyssa_

Forum Probie
Hello! My name is Alyssa--I'm 18, living in San Bernardino and lined up to start EMT-B training at Riverside Community College this coming Tuesday if they let me, haha. I won't have some of the required paperwork ready in time so I'm just hoping they give me a chance.

I'm aiming to have a career in emergency medicine. I've told some of my relatives (who are mainly nurses) my intentions and most of them are telling me "EMS isn't worth it--do nursing." But, some (naive?) part of me really wants to do EMS even though I hear so many horror stories about it. Even so, I've got my expectations set a bit low so if I get stuck for a while doing non-emergency transport, driving old folk to and from the nursing homes to the local hospital, so be it.

Anyway, I think I'll stick around here for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

firemed839

Forum Ride Along
new

Hello all. Found this site the other day and thought I would give it a shot. I've been a medic for ten years and in the fire service a little longer. I work an ambulance part time but I did work it full time for many years. Looking foward to hanging out in here and getting to know some new folks.

EMT-Johnny

Forum Ride Along
Hello, I'm Johnny, 22 years old, currently reside in Los Angeles, soon to be an EMT-Basic, as I am looking forward to become a Paramedic someday. I love the fact that I'm able to help people out in times of need as my work for a living. Also as long as I'm able to do what I love to do and to be able to have a week of vacation or two and support myself and family then I'm content with how much I make.

thnguyen001

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone. I'm Trung and just recently turned 23. I'm originally from San Jose, CA, but have lived in San Diego for the past almost 6 years. I recently graduated from UCSD and planning on becoming a PA one day. I just got all of my EMT certs in November and currently in the process of looking for a job. It has been pretty tough though, a lot harder than I thought. Many people told me it was easier to get an EMT job due to its high turn over rate. This forum has been helping me so much. Thanks everyone!