The new CPR

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 10 2005, 06:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 10 2005, 06:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Phridae@May 10 2005, 06:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-emtchicky156
@May 9 2005, 07:45 AM
Here in rock and walworth countys in wiconsin we are practicing the "call and pump" cpr method chest compressions at a rate of 100 per min. I cant remember the exact protcols but like it has been said the lay person doesnt need to do breaths. There are some good survival rates from it. Standard cpr is still to be used on children drowning and choking victiums and people in respitory distress.

Right Right Right.

Apparently theres enough O2 in the blood that breathing isnt a necessity right away. Its been proven that stopping compressions to to breath for someone isnt good either. Yes, breathing is good but that can wait.

Call and Pump
Part of it is that there is still O2 in the lungs to exchange out C02 for a little while.

Also, the longer you continously do CPR witohut pausing, the more effictive it becomes... that's why it is 15:2 for 2-person now, not 5:1

jon [/b][/quote]
Thats what I was trying to say. But I'm not that smart.