The closest youve ever been to....

papyrusman2000

Forum Probie
Can you recall the closest you've ever been to getting fired, whether it was *removed* up with a pt, or almost getting in a fight with a fellow employee, or a superior, etc etc.

I think some of yall have GOT to have some close-calls to the curtain-falls.

Last edited by a moderator:

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
am i correct in assuming you're not looking for stories of when we came so close to getting fired that we actually got fired? cause ive got a few of those...

OP
OP
papyrusman2000

papyrusman2000

Forum Probie
idk. whatever stories ya got I guess lol. Sorry to hear that, though. I didn't mean to make light of it. ::sad:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
papyrusman2000,

That is one h:censored::censored::censored: of a distracting picture you gots. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Hopefully we don't have any members with seizure disorders. If so, I like to think of it as job security.

OP
OP
papyrusman2000

papyrusman2000

Forum Probie
yeah the avatar is a little more eye catching than most... flat-out TRIPPY! :wacko:

anyways, any good close calls or random stories floating around in anyone's head?

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
Can you recall the closest you've ever been to getting fired, whether it was *removed* up with a pt, or almost getting in a fight with a fellow employee, or a superior, etc etc.

I think some of yall have GOT to have some close-calls to the curtain-falls.

How much time do you have?

I've had a pt call in and say I'm the devil. I've got the tape and listen to it when I'm feeling down.

I’ve learned that being terse with people gets one in trouble. That’s why I come here and blow off steam sometimes. Or else, I would just explode. As far as being fired, that hasn’t happened yet.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
I have been fired. My first flight job. Couldn't make if off orientation. Not enough prehospital/critical care confidence. A bit of a kick in the teeth.

TexasMedic

Forum Crew Member
my First job at a Trauma hospital I was a newbie to the field and wasn't experienced enough or confident. It was kinda of embarrassing that I had been 'asked to leave' from a job I really liked.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
My stated purpiose in life after EMT and RN school was to work ER.

For many complex reasons, (one of whom was fired after I left when caught en flagrante delicto in a hospital stairway with the maintenance supervisor while married to a convict), I failed a double length probation. They gave me an extra three months, I took it and got my ALS. I had no experience other than field EMS as an EMT, USAF crash rescueman, and Guard med-tech, I got my chance at my dream a little early, ran afoul of two senior co-workers and crashed.
Never fired from ambulance work. Wouldn't let me drive the Caddy's in Lincoln, but since I didn't know the streets and those street rockets sorta scared me, that was just as well.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I’ve learned that being terse with people gets one in trouble. That’s why I come here and blow off steam sometimes. Or else, I would just explode. As far as being fired, that hasn’t happened yet.

"If it feels good saying it, it probably isn't the right thing to say to your patient."

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I was fired once for doing some off duty plumbing work with my manager's girlfriend...........

Wasn't a big deal, the company went under a few weeks later. I'll always have fond memories of working there................

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I was fired once for doing some off duty plumbing work with my manager's girlfriend...........

Wasn't a big deal, the company went under a few weeks later. I'll always have fond memories of working there................

You just became my hero :lol:

OP
OP
papyrusman2000

papyrusman2000

Forum Probie

yeah thats a pretty juicy story. lmao. fate is great!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
"If it feels good saying it, it probably isn't the right thing to say to your patient."
If it felt good to say it... it probably wasn't the right thing to say.... PERIOD.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
I just about got into a fight once. We were on scene of a call and my partner had the biggest attitude. I don't know what had gotten into him, but if he woulda kept it up after the call I'm sure I woulda had it out with him at the station. But now all is good, water under the bridge!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Um, let me rephrase that....

SHE was caught with their opants down AFTER she helped me get fired. Not associated other than to reference her exemplary moral standards. (I mean, he had an office...).
The rest of you guys....makes me feel old and , well, old.;)

emtlady76877

Forum Crew Member
Your avatar makes it hard to read the post with all the flashing going on if you have bad migraines. Can you please make it stop flashing?