The BEST Present in the world!!!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok..I got the absolute best Christmas present you can give a new student! I went to pay my fees for the EMT course..which I had been saving for only like 9 of the 18 months I was on the waiting list.....so I am there at Financial Aid to pay my fees. And the Fin. Aid guy is like, Hey haven't you applied for the EMS scholarship.

Umm...NO...nobody told me about that and when I called Fin Aid a YEAR ago the girl told me there was NOTHING but a loan available.

So he is like..you should apply..lets see. So I fill out this form, they look at my FAFSA and award me the scholarship...on the spot...for the full amount plus books. :eek: :eek:

And then he procedes to tell me, with my EFC on my FAFSA I should be able to get the same scholarship for the Paramedic course too..

Ok..so now, its only ONE WEEK from this Wednesday until I start...and only 17 weeks until I get my "EMT Wings" (and get to take the State Exam)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Hey, good for you!

Good luck with everything.

MassMedic1052

Forum Probie
Okay soooooooo I think I got the best present in the world for Christmas....I got a remote Car starter WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Hopefully soon it will be installed but no more getting out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my head to go start my car @ 4:30 a.m when it is 10 degrees out!!!!

MassMedic1052 :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I installed one for my car a few years ago and it was a breeze. It took about two hours, most of which was the way the wiring had to splice into the ignition harness.

Also, does yours have a remote temperature start? I set mine to start at 0F and run for 15 minutes with the defroster on full blast. I haven't had to scrape ice off my windows since I installed it. :D

MassMedic1052

Forum Probie
<_< Hmmm I have no idea I just know I unwrapped it and haven't looked at it much it's the starter that is called Valet if that makes any sense. I know it has a lock an unlock button on the little remote...

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
That is a great present, congrats!

I've always wanted a car starter but worry that it would void my car's warranty. Any ideas on that?

adrock

Forum Ride Along
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Dec 28 2004, 09:55 PM
Also, does yours have a remote temperature start?
Which particular model do you have that does that? You've got be thinking about how it works -- if it's strictly temperature, and it runs for 15m at 0, what happens if it's -1 when the 15 minutes are up?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Ok, since we're talking presents, I got an Ipod which will come in handy with all of my travelling for work - since it's so compact. I'm going to figure it out/set it up now, since it's 0349 and I can't sleep (hey, I haven't slept a wink all night!) because I'm sick. :angry: I'm going to the doc tomorrow AM, Mom thinks I might have strep or bronchitis. All I know is I've got the classic cold symptoms plus a burning sore throat that doesn't go away no matter what I do, and more junk in my lungs than I'd care to describe. :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by adrock+Dec 29 2004, 01:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adrock @ Dec 29 2004, 01:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ffemt8978@Dec 28 2004, 09:55 PM
Also, does yours have a remote temperature start?
Which particular model do you have that does that? You've got be thinking about how it works -- if it's strictly temperature, and it runs for 15m at 0, what happens if it's -1 when the 15 minutes are up? [/b][/quote]
Mine is from Bulldog Security. After it runs for it's 15 minutes, it resets itself and won't start again for about two hours. Also it doesn't operate off of temperature per se, but most likely residual voltage in the battery. I know that mine starts and runs about three times a night where I'm at, and we don't get anywhere near 0F.