the 100% directionless thread

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Promotion can be yours. Just take over and announce you’re in charge.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I am resurrected from death via a week of PowerPoint. Drinking from a fire hose is every bit what I remember it to be. Glad to be home.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Were you just in Colorado?

OklahomaFFEMT

Forum Ride Along
I am an EMT on a volunteer fire department. Thinking of transitioning to working part-time on a (paid) ambulance service. On the FD, we would get there first and begin patient care. (Our ambulance comes from the next town and is often fifteen minutes out) Any advice for me on switching from this mentality to fully caring for the PT including transport?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I am an EMT on a volunteer fire department. Thinking of transitioning to working part-time on a (paid) ambulance service. On the FD, we would get there first and begin patient care. (Our ambulance comes from the next town and is often fifteen minutes out) Any advice for me on switching from this mentality to fully caring for the PT including transport?
Yeah, get your paramedic license.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Are you switching to the ambulance that is 15 minutes out or another company? Will you be doing interfacility transfers, 911, or both?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Discovered a new app today. What3Words. Our dispatch is starting to use it. It's really cool.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Actual photo of level of medical assistance required by Brown for his minor man cold because he's a wimp 🤔😢😅

Screenshot_20220626-214750_YouTube~2.jpg

OklahomaFFEMT

Forum Ride Along
Are you switching to the ambulance that is 15 minutes out or another company? Will you be doing interfacility transfers, 911, or both?
Possibly this ambulance and possibly another service. Most likely the close one because they are in our county and use the same protocols I'm used to. 911 and the rare transfer..

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Possibly this ambulance and possibly another service. Most likely the close one because they are in our county and use the same protocols I'm used to. 911 and the rare transfer..
I would just show up to work with a good attitude. Try to have fun. I personally enjoy Starbucks or cafes when posting on street corners, if the ambulance companies you are looking at do that. Our job is serious, but too many people take it *too* seriously.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Paragod much? Any appreciation for the many rural EMTs who are working EMS on top of their "real" job?
I mean, it's not about being unappreciated by your fellow providers. It's about society not appreciating us and that forces us to move up to medic or often times move out of EMS just in order to survive. EMT is rarely sustainable long term now unless you're making sacrifices you probably shouldn't be.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I would just show up to work with a good attitude. Try to have fun. I personally enjoy Starbucks or cafes when posting on street corners, if the ambulance companies you are looking at do that. Our job is serious, but too many people take it *too* seriously.
So you’re “working” street corners now…🤣🤣🤣

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
First water rescue of the year or should I say recovery. 5 hours on the water in 110 degree heat, I forgot how draining the sun is and I remembered that I don't have tan legs anymore...