the 100% directionless thread

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
all signed up, tuition paid, and everything is ready to go for the University of Florida critical care course. schedule looks decent. wife is happy for me. this will help keep me occupied for a couple months. :)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Last 18 days I’ve had one day off. Worked Christmas Eve & Day, New Years Eve & Day. I feel like I’m getting Stockholm syndrome.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
all signed up, tuition paid, and everything is ready to go for the University of Florida critical care course. schedule looks decent. wife is happy for me. this will help keep me occupied for a couple months. :)
Enjoy. Derek and all the others are awesome.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Enjoy. Derek and all the others are awesome.
it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I will have resources here that can help me with material I don't understand as well, which will be nice. :)

and thanks! I need to order some books. I'm preparing for a LOT of time on Zoom too. lol.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Working on that professional development. Taking the CHSE exam this week and the C-CP exam next month. I don’t plan on ever working as a community paramedic, but my organization is very involved in MIH/CP and they asked if I would get the cert.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Working on that professional development. Taking the CHSE exam this week and the C-CP exam next month. I don’t plan on ever working as a community paramedic, but my organization is very involved in MIH/CP and they asked if I would get the cert.
I'm curious what you think of the exam. I'm looking at taking it. What did you use to study?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
C-CP? I took the Community Paramedic prep course at Columbia southern and have the textbook. There needs to be a practice exam, but there’s not a good resource.
I have a Community Paramedic cert from the university I got my bachelor's at. Just have no idea if I'm actually prepared to take that exam. And it's not an inexpensive exam.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I will have resources here that can help me with material I don't understand as well, which will be nice. :)

and thanks! I need to order some books. I'm preparing for a LOT of time on Zoom too. lol.
It is, the in person portion was really cool. And yes, you will spend a lot of time with lectures. It was like being back in college to a degree.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Someone please bring back global warming. These single digit temps with -20F wind chills blows.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN

MackTheKnife

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

So we've stooped to using dogs to detect people who have Covid?

MackTheKnife