the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
First ground ambulance call in I don’t know how long. A peri-arrest with an ETI, bilateral IV’s, a slug of PDP Epi, and a viable trend in vitals on handoff.

Heh, guess I can still paramedic like a paramedic...

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
You guys see this TikTok challenge where it's just parents filming themselves putting their open hands in front of their kids? My little heart is officially warmed.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
First ground ambulance call in I don’t know how long. A peri-arrest with an ETI, bilateral IV’s, a slug of PDP Epi, and a viable trend in vitals on handoff.

Here I am 0 calls in my day, no calls last shift, and havent seen a big sick patient in a bit over a month.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

I got to be a paramedic last shift... 50mg IM shot of Benadryl. Not as cool as you...

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
If it works, it works. In all seriousness, it seems to me that the secret to angling is live bait.
My hunting/fishing trick is to bring my oldest along...kids got some old Indian Guide blood or something...spooky but really cool....

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dispatch tryna make sure we were all awake. Multi company tones start coming in over the speakers, Building Fire on the MDT.... "All companies stand down, services not needed"

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
My hunting/fishing trick is to bring my oldest along...kids got some old Indian Guide blood or something...spooky but really cool....
Somehow I feel like I might just be the opposite!

Dispatch tryna make sure we were all awake. Multi company tones start coming in over the speakers, Building Fire on the MDT.... "All companies stand down, services not needed"
April Fools?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Here I am 0 calls in my day, no calls last shift, and havent seen a big sick patient in a bit over a month.
Do you miss being an “urban paramedic”? Truly, I do not. And, to be fair, I jumped this call off of another call that was in the same area.

I was fitsin’ ta transport both patients if needed. Apparently this is no longer a common occurrence?

Personally, I like my Father Frank Pierce ways better, but still don’t really miss the day to day paramedic stuff.
You guys see this TikTok challenge where it's just parents filming themselves putting their open hands in front of their kids? My little heart is officially warmed.
Lol what exactly is this? I rarely have to raise my hand. My “look” coupled with the right amount of jaw clenching is enough to indicate something needs to change in their behavior.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So the video version of the developmental psychology of preoperational children?
Way to be, bro. Way to be.
Haha not like that :p

(watch without the sound)

Haha, got a good chuckle out of me. I liked the little dude who pushed the hand out of his face mid-feed. Totally my son right there.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Don’t get me wrong. I like kids, that’s a big part of why I specialize in peds. They just aren’t the impossible to understand little creatures we make them out to be.
Yeah...they're just little adults.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Don’t get me wrong. I like kids, that’s a big part of why I specialize in peds. They just aren’t the impossible to understand little creatures we make them out to be.
Reminds me, I need to start a thread about a PEDS transport I had.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you miss being an “urban paramedic”? Truly, I do not. And, to be fair, I jumped this call off of another call that was in the same area.

I was fitsin’ ta transport both patients if needed. Apparently this is no longer a common occurrence?

Personally, I like my Father Frank Pierce ways better, but still don’t really miss the day to day paramedic stuff.

Lol what exactly is this? I rarely have to raise my hand. My “look” coupled with the right amount of jaw clenching is enough to indicate something needs to change in their behavior.
Yes and no. I miss things like the friends, the familiarity with the streets/hospitals, and having a bit better equipment. On the flip side, I have better protocols, a comfortable call volume (I can actually read on shift) and a fantastic schedule. But I still work in the city part time, so I still have my one day a week to scratch that itch and be in my comfort zone.

I dunno, I have had multiple patients plenty of times. Although if I have a tube and PDP's in use, I can't say I would take 2 unless things were absolutely ****ed and nobody else was coming. Probably more likely at my new job vs my city job.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I had really high hopes for the Braves this year. I didn't even get to watch a game and Manfred tarnished the entire season with politics. Can't even be entertained anymore without someone ruining it.