the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Nice! Don't count out active duty. Awesome life experience. Drill weekends in the Reserves are a waste of time haha.
Well depends on if you're in a unit that actually goes out to the field and trains on drill weekends, or one that sits around the drill hall all weekend doing powerpoint classes.....And just remember both types of units exist in Active Duty, only problem is if your AD and get stuck in a powerpoint all day unit, well that's your day to day suck not just a once a month thing to put up with lol

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I broke out the last of the Christmas pie, Mythbusters is gonna blow some stuff up, posted my USS Iowa shooting it's 5in guns to FB, not a half bad NYE here lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Merry new years everyone! Spent is with Cynthia at our local corner bar/brewery. She's now trashed and im sober lol. Shes such a lightweight

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
haha Mythbusters credits roll so I tune to the rockin new year ball drop thingy, literally at 11 seconds on the countdown, talk about perfect timing for the ball drop (albeit 3 hours after it actually happened lol) I'll take that as a good sign of perfect timing in this new year, Happy 2016 :)

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
I can see only 4 logical reasons to joining the military:
1- to fight (camouflage clothing is for fighting, not walking around home countries to impress people)
2- GI Bill and benefits
3- Life experience with steady paycheck
4- A career where you're guaranteed some sort of promotion/pay increase

Other than that it is just playing soldiers similar to that of a hobby

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
1- to fight (camouflage clothing is for fighting, not walking around home countries to impress people)
2- GI Bill and benefits

You're ignorant.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Nice! Don't count out active duty. Awesome life experience. Drill weekends in the Reserves are a waste of time haha.
I haven't ruled out active duty just yet. I'm am leaning more towards Reserves though just due to the fact that I can pursue getting my Medic.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Living in a college town is brutal for EMS. Our main college has 50k+ students. They all herd to one street every weekend.
Us too. An area called "the hill". It's where all the frat houses are.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
2- GI Bill and benefits

"similar to that of a hobby."

How naive could you possibly be guy?

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
You're ignorant.

ignorant of what? i guess spending the past 15 years deployed for 80% of it makes me very naive in what the military does and how it operates...but you're right being a weekend warrior is where its at...

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
ignorant of what? i guess spending the past 15 years deployed for 80% of it makes me very naive in what the military does and how it operates...but you're right being a weekend warrior is where its at...

80% of a 15 year career would mean you spent 12 years in country lol. You don't need to play up your career brother. Either that or you have spent the most years deployed, out of any service member by a LONG shot.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So the neighbors were slamming their doors, shaking my apt so I had to leave. Stuff like that gets on my nerves. Now I'm at Starbucks. Random posts should continue for the next hour or so.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
My brain is thinking, "Why are there so many kids here? Shouldn't they be home, studying, or getting ready for bed?"

Oh, it's only 7:40pm, on a Saturday, during Christmas break. My internal calendar is clearly malfunctioning.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been going through boxes of my stuff left over from when we moved......back in 2013 lol Actually it's even worse, some of the boxes were first put together from when I moved after getting out of the Army in 2012.....and still others were put together to go into a self storage when I deployed, pretty sure before my Iraq deployment in 2009 and I'm just now unboxing and sorting through it all haha

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
It's always a difficult social situation when a customer opens the door to the dairy cooler while I'm back there stocking the shelves. Do I say hi? Will the voice from behind the sour cream freak them out? I tried hiding behind the skin milk one time and that just turned especially awkward.