the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
while I get to hold down the fort here at home, and cat sit for my sister :p
Ronan doesn't think I'm an acceptable cat sitter at alllll.....

1936971_10153387120507198_2822310637533720567_n.jpg

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
"This isn't my first rodeo" is one of the most annoying phrases known to mankind. I have never heard that phrase uttered without immediately rolling my eyes. Each and every time, the person saying it completely deserved whatever correction they just received.

Anyone else have pet peeve phrases?
My best/one of my best...

Dude, I get that you've been doing this a long time. I know that other people have run similar calls, I just thought it was an interesting thing to talk about. I do not care that you've run six that were better than mine. Just relax.

I'm having some people issues at work lately...

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been in this game awhile: A) This is not a game, not in my book. This is pt care and if you refer to such as a game either A) you've been a EMT since breakfast or B) you're a immature EMT and have some growing up to do.
It's actually mostly a game broken up by a few serious moments... And you can usually tell when it's going to be serious.
Everyone gets their due diligence, but the job is more often customer service + logistics as opposed to true pt care... at least in the dense urban areas.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I need new pants. We only have 38's here but that's just slightly too tight for me so I need a 40 for another month or so. But we have none. I've already added two holes to my belt and now it's falling down with any type of weight on it. My shirts keep all coming untucked super easy too.

Oh and I've never really works my abs / core much at all and right now my ribs f'n hurt like a mofo.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I picked up a shoeshine kit today so that I could play at professionalism. My mom saw that and said "You know I have some brushes at home."

Opa's brushes? One of the few remaining mementos of the grandfather who died a long time before I was born? You want me to actually use those?

"Yes, I think that he would be glad for you to have them."

If I may brag on my ancestor for a moment, this is a guy who joined the Resistance during the second world war, was caught and placed in a concentration camp, then forced into the German army. He surrendered at the first opportunity, spent time as a POW in the US, then went to Germany as an MP on the American side. Being a bit fed up with totalitarianism, he brought his wife and a young daughter back to the US, and lived in peace until he died of a stroke when his second daughter, my mother, was five.

We don't have many things of his. A wooden box, a Lithuanian dictionary, and his shoeshine brushes. To be given something of his is probably the greatest honor of my working life this far.

To Opa. It's an honor to be connected with you, sir. I'll try to do good by your chosen country.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Hmm...Where to work? Target? Costco? Food service...again? or join the military and then get an EMT job. So many choices and decisions.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmm...Where to work? Target? Costco? Food service...again? or join the military and then get an EMT job. So many choices and decisions.
Costco is apparently a pretty damned good place to work a tually

irishboxer384

Forum Captain

Amazing when you put target, costco, food service and the military all in one big bag together lol

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Costco is apparently a pretty damned good place to work a tually
That's what my mom has said. She's always said that Costco and Safeway are two jobs we should apply for. I'm trying to figure out if I get a job before enlisting will I still have that job when I come back from basic training?

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Amazing when you put target, costco, food service and the military all in one big bag together lol
Well, I'm currently working in food service. The others are all other choices I could take. I'm leaning toward military and then getting an EMT job. This is waiting on to see if I pass my oral board interview this sunday.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Or get on with a city run EMS system.
True, but I have been told that because I don't really have any EMS experience on a ambulance, I wouldn't be able to get on with 911. So, IFT it is, when I get to that point.

True, but I have been told that because I don't really have any EMS experience on a ambulance, I wouldn't be able to get on with 911. So, IFT it is, when I get to that point.
There's several companies that I know of that do 911, and would hire you with no experience. Makes it easier to train you to their standards.