the 100% directionless thread

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
That moment when employees decide they want to unionize but fail to perform even rudimentary due diligence in selecting a union to represent them.

:rofl:

Whoopsie... I guess they are gonna make their own.

Yea a year :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing later.

I am not happy.

I'm going to go drink a beer or 12, I'll be at the northtown Flowing Tide if anyone would like to join me.

Yeah that is BS bro, you might be able to have a leg to stand on though, I mean lets be realistic you have been off of work for what 4 months now? now possibly another year? that's a year of sucking on the Short Term/Long Term ticket. lost wages especially if you liked to work Overtime. plus pain and suffering punitive damages for the additional time you'll have to spend as a one armed #@$*.

Otoh EMTLeo.. Welcome.

RebelAngel

White Cloud
What's there to do in Reno?

My boyfriend and I will be in Reno from March 28th to April 2nd with only two of those days being tournament days. He told me to find fun things for us to do. It will be my first time in Reno, but not his.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I've done quite a bit of research on the topic of shoulder assessments and he performed a fraction of them. Hell the second of two 5 minute appointments he didn't even take me out of the immobilizer. Just pulled back my collar to look at my shirt, asked me like 5 questions and said "back in three weeks to clear you for duty." The first appointment was about 5 minutes long as well and while I did come out of the immobilizer he never removed my shirt.
Robb, taking a shirt off is helpful, but not entirely necessary for evaluating shoulders. Taking the arm out of the immobilizer can be VERY helpful in evaluating the extent of injury. Of course if the injury had been properly evaluated to begin with, but not all practitioners develop a sufficiently good feel for normal and abnormal shoulder mobility. It probably wouldn't have taken even 5 minutes to determine that your shoulder wasn't a garden-variety sore shoulder for a guy that just wants out of work...

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I think gambling is a given. I have never gambled before but he does. Have any tips for me?

I only have one tip for gambling: Don't.

There actually is one thing I always wanted to do in Reno but never did. To all accounts the Harrah's Classic Car Museum is world class.

RebelAngel

White Cloud
I only have one tip for gambling: Don't.

There actually is one thing I always wanted to do in Reno but never did. To all accounts the Harrah's Classic Car Museum is world class.

He said in the five years or whatever he's been traveling to Reno he's only lost money once.

He did mention the museum. Guess I'll put that on our list. Thanks!

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I think gambling is a given. I have never gambled before but he does. Have any tips for me?
Take only that amount of money you intend to throw away (lose). If you win, great! Stop once you start losing. You'll walk out with more than you walked in with. If you lose the money you brought, stop. That way you have some fun and you won't lose your shorts because you'll still have money to go eat, shopping, fill the gas tank... all because you haven't blown that part of the trip budget on gambling. For some people, gambling can be very addicting.

RebelAngel

White Cloud
Thanks!

Take only that amount of money you intend to throw away (lose). If you win, great! Stop once you start losing. You'll walk out with more than you walked in with. If you lose the money you brought, stop. That way you have some fun and you won't lose your shorts because you'll still have money to go eat, shopping, fill the gas tank... all because you haven't blown that part of the trip budget on gambling. For some people, gambling can be very addicting.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Craps is the best odds. House only has about .05% over you.

What do you want to know about Reno?

I'm the most qualified here on that topic :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Robb, taking a shirt off is helpful, but not entirely necessary for evaluating shoulders. Taking the arm out of the immobilizer can be VERY helpful in evaluating the extent of injury. Of course if the injury had been properly evaluated to begin with, but not all practitioners develop a sufficiently good feel for normal and abnormal shoulder mobility. It probably wouldn't have taken even 5 minutes to determine that your shoulder wasn't a garden-variety sore shoulder for a guy that just wants out of work...

I will give him he fact that it's actually a posterior dislocation and tear...so not all that common.

There's some stuff that needs fixing with the scapula but I stopped listening I was so mad.

I called RM/LM from the first clinic and see where I can get without a lawyer but they still have yet to return my phone call.

RebelAngel

White Cloud
Craps is the best odds. House only has about .05% over you.

What do you want to know about Reno?

I'm the most qualified here on that topic :p

What's fun to do in Reno, besides gambling?

We'll get in March 28 and leave April 2nd. He's bowling in tournaments 31st and 1st. We will have a rental car.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey, I've seen the threads for that particular topic. I think a couple mentioned his mom? Hey Robb, does the skill run in the family?? Lmao jk

Anyways, been talking to that girl I mentioned a month ago or so and been with her every day since pretty much. Fell pretty hard, pretty dang fast.
So, yeah. Got a little disappointed when I walk in my room after receiving a frantic call asking if she left anything here and find a bottle of Vicodin under my bed. Was not expecting that one!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Did you ask why she was taking Vicodin?
Haven't talked. Hung up on her, ha. And can't imagine it was a proper reason. Yknow, since the label says a refill for next month and it's near empty. Oh well, live and learn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rin

Forum Captain
Wow, that's pretty judgmental. I once had a seriously painful dental issue that I managed with a Vicodin prescription until it healed. OTCs just did not cut it. I would've been pretty panicked at the time if I'd misplaced my pain relief too. You really can't assume that someone's an addict just because they have a legitimate prescription.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Probably is. I also realize that I wouldn't see a point in hiding it for that long if it wasn't a big deal.
I also realize that I'm a huge hothead that overreacts and realizes later, but for right now... Not the happiest camper.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Got a little disappointed when I walk in my room after receiving a frantic call asking if she left anything here and find a bottle of Vicodin under my bed. Was not expecting that one!

I'll just go ahead and point out that when I'm on pain-killers I don't tend to make a big deal out of it, and I also tend to carry only a few more pills than I expect to use every time I leave the house, since I'm the kind of dumbass who loses bottles of narcotics (A problem I only have with my personal meds, I've never yet lost a narc kit.)