the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
That so deserves to become a meme.
p2m7v.jpg

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Is it just me, or is that a really small ambulance?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
mehymu8e.jpg

It is not a purse it is a fanny pack

Except we actually do have fanny packs and have to wear them on 911 calls, otherwise fire will get pissed. The joys of a fire based EMS when you're not fire lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Asclepius911

Forum Lieutenant
Ouch, I would wear one too, that's a nice place to put my ****nity , lol, I'm joshing, who makes these rules ? What's wrong with a jump bag ?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Our fanny packs have PPE in them, SOP is 5 pair of gloves, an isolation gown, surgical mask, N95 mask and safety glasses.

Our fanny packs have PPE in them, SOP is 5 pair of gloves, an isolation gown, surgical mask, N95 mask and safety glasses.

What brand of fanny pack is issued to your company?

**Disclaimer: I'm just curious**

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
ysutezu8.jpg

Not very big at all. About the size of one of those tourist fanny packs my mom used to wear to family trips to Disneyland back in the day lol Except this ones the same navy blue as our uniform with the company logo silkscreened on. Nice touch I suppose but it's still a friggen fanny pack.

Today was only my fourth shift and first since clearing field training. The only item I've used was the safety glasses. If personally rather just wear cargo pants and keep that stuff in a cargo pocket (or you know, in the go bag)

But the great Fire Gods have deemed we must wear them on all 911 calls, so wear them we shall, unless you feel like having the captain pull you aside for an *** chewing. (Plus since FD responds Code 3 and we only respond Code 2, they usually get there first and so we generally only bring in the gurney at that point since they have their go bags already)

As far as who makes them, no clue. The only tag I managed to find said "Made In China" (shocking I know)

Idk if you can read the logo on my über awesome pic, but I'm actually based out of Torrance, that ought to narrow it down some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
...unless you feel like having the captain pull you aside for an *** chewing...

This must be LA county, because caring what a fire captain has to say just does not compute with me. Just one more example of the backwards world of California, and LA county in particular.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?