the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
First National Guard drill tomorrow. :)

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
First National Guard drill tomorrow. :)

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

Huh????? when did you join the guard... Air or army

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Huh????? when did you join the guard... Air or army

Well, I'm kind of in the process still. I probably won't get anything finalized till after medic school finishes up next summer. So I'm like part guest, part prospective recruit, part I dunno what.

And it's the Army. Although I have been thinking about the ANG before it's too late. We shall see.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, I'm kind of in the process still. I probably won't get anything finalized till after medic school finishes up next summer. So I'm like part guest, part prospective recruit, part I dunno what.

And it's the Army. Although I have been thinking about the ANG before it's too late. We shall see.

Go Air Guard...The Air Force way of doing things and treating their people is worth it. This comes from family members who have been Air Guard, Air Force, Navy reserve and active and Army. They all say do Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Marines if you want an adventure.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I've never had anything bigger than a twin bed. I'm going to get a queen though. I'd love to get a king, but my room isn't big enough for that.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Tomorrow is going to be a crowded day on our type 2 ambulance. 2 EMTs, 1 medic, and 1 medic student on one rig :sad:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Imna guess it's normally a BLS truck that a medic and his student is getting thrown on.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Imna guess it's normally a BLS truck that a medic and his student is getting thrown on.

it's an ALS rig that the EMT called out sick on. So they gave my partner and I (BLS rig) a choice of both of us work the shift or one takes the shift and the other one doesn't have to work.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I'm impatiently watching the clock, hoping my relief shows up within the next 30 minutes!

Dear EMTLIFE,
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help pass the time!

Muchos Gracias!
Stephanie.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I've never had anything bigger than a twin bed. I'm going to get a queen though. I'd love to get a king, but my room isn't big enough for that.

Twelve year olds don't need anything more than a twin! :p

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm impatiently watching the clock, hoping my relief shows up within the next 30 minutes!

Dear EMTLIFE,
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help pass the time!

Muchos Gracias!
Stephanie.

Well if you came back into chat you could talk to the awesomness that is Brown

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
it's an ALS rig that the EMT called out sick on. So they gave my partner and I (BLS rig) a choice of both of us work the shift or one takes the shift and the other one doesn't have to work.

Ah, thats pretty cool. Where I work one partner would just get cut while the other works the shift.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Ambulance calls City 3
City 3 clearing NSH, returning city
City 3, priority one, towards Glenfield, thirty one echo

Oh bloody hell come on Black lets go ...

*Brown throws the map book at Black

Lets see blind Brown hmm come out of hospital into Northcote Rd, right Sunnybrae Rd then left again and we should be there, um lets have a squiz at the magic box and see what it says ... hmm, Nana found in bed by family, apparently not breathing, that's not good

You know Black? Brown never did like this new box they put in, never has winning lotto numbers or anything good on it, what you think Black, clear to the right, oh bugger this that is why Brown wears heavy work boots so Brown can floor it and get through intersections, be a good sport Black hit the air horn for Brown, now lets alternate between wail and yelp, there we go, pop in a quick blast of phazser while we are at it ....

Looks like us Black, swing it round, there we go, select reverse, beep, beep, beep, beep, straighten it up, hmm forward a bit, oh bloody hell Black lets just park out front ... there we go

Wee! That was fun!

Crazy, crazy Brown is such a whacker :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ah, thats pretty cool. Where I work one partner would just get cut while the other works the shift.

They can't do that here. We signed a contract saying we are to be given 36 hours of work in week A and 48 hours in week B. The only way they can give us less hours is if we give them the ok to for us to not work or to go home early.

Anjel

Forum Angel

crazycajun

Forum Captain
I am not sure he could pass one even if he knew a month ahead of the scheduled test!!!!! :rofl: