the 100% directionless thread

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Ambulance calls City 3
City 3, Mt Eden Rd, returning
City 3, priority one, Westmere, two echo (anaphylaxis)

*Brown grabs map book

OK Black let blind Brown see, go up Dominion Rd, left onto Ponsonby Rd, left again into Richmond, hang on ....

*Brown looks at MDT

Hmm, patient at back of house, down small hallway, patient weighs 200kg, patient not breathing,

Ambulance calls City 3
City 3, Dominion Rd, responding
City 3, redirect, priority one, Grey Lyn, code twenty four (childbirth)

*Brown looks at map book

OK Black, go up Dominion Rd, left into Ponsonby, left again into Richmond, then fourth left into Williamson Ave

*Brown looks at MDT

Hmm OK lets have a squiz Black, patient breathing, does not weigh 200kg, not down small hallway at back of house, contraction ten minutes apart ...

Oh praise Jeebus! Brown is saved! :D

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My ambulance company confuses me sometimes. We cover 2,400 square miles. Most of our coverage area is desert with heavy off road use. None of our ambulances are 4 wheel drive. The only vehicle we have that is 4 wheel drive is the supervisor truck and some personal employees trucks.

It would make sence to get at least 1 or 2 ambulances that are 4 wheel drive. Because hiking into a scene x amount of miles is getting old...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My ambulance company confuses me sometimes. We cover 2,400 square miles. Most of our coverage area is desert with heavy off road use. None of our ambulances are 4 wheel drive. The only vehicle we have that is 4 wheel drive is the supervisor truck and some personal employees trucks.

It would make sence to get at least 1 or 2 ambulances that are 4 wheel drive. Because hiking into a scene x amount of miles is getting old...

4 wheel drive is expensive and your feet are cheep :)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Had a really weird dream during my noon siesta. Dreamed that I was working with Johnny and Roy in the seventies era. It was really wierd, I can almost swear that everything was time period correct. And I haven't seen the shows at all.:blink:
It was weird to say the least

Sasha

Forum Chief
I had an exhaustion induced hallucination that I was taking a nap. Sweet, sweet nap.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best

my policy is that if the patient is more than 300 or 400 yards, ie not close to the road. I wait for fire to get them to me. I do not hike at work, in work boots, i dont get paid enough for that. let the fire medics who make 2-3x my salary carry them.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
my policy is that if the patient is more than 300 or 400 yards, ie not close to the road. I wait for fire to get them to me. I do not hike at work, in work boots, i dont get paid enough for that. let the fire medics who make 2-3x my salary carry them.

If their only a couple of miles out from the road then I will hike in with the firefighters.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
This is peds night for me. Already had 3 kids under the age of 4... time to read up on peds protocols.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
15 hours in and I've only had one call, such a quiet shift :/

Sent from my mobile command center

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
My partner is considering going to the dark side-- he picked up a packet for a local large fire dept. LOL. Kidding. Sort of. ;)

Once again I have no life. Spending my night off in the office doing record audits and paperwork stuff.

---
- Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
My partner is considering going to the dark side-- he picked up a packet for a local large fire dept. LOL. Kidding. Sort of. ;)

---
- Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

Don't be a hater! ;) I'm headed in to the dark side as we speak :p

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
My girl is coming back from vacation on Thursday and coming up for the weekend on Friday. You guys will not be hearing from me over the weekend. That is all.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I slept almost straight through for six hours. That never happens for me.