the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My goal is a 0.5 on the pain scale.

That's refreshing to hear. I've run with a couple of medics who wouldn't give pain meds at all.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't be ashamed... You know it's true.

Uh, no.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4-8_Z1E2hw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
Does morphine drop the blood pressure as much as they say in the text books?

not usualy. it will bottom out some people but a fluid bolus will help that. some people arent affected at all. it just kinda depends. i have given 20mg to people with no affect on BP and i have given 2mg and dropped it to 60/40.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sorry, but what's a bolt?

As far as I know they hadn't done anything else to him before we left

A bolt is a bolt they screw into the patients skull to monitors ICP.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
my truck is checked... Now reading a reference book cause I'm bored.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
A bolt is a bolt they screw into the patients skull to monitors ICP.

Oh gotcha, thanks!

Then no, I do not believe he got a bolt in the ED, at least not when we were there.

8jimi8

CFRN
So now that the controversy surrounding this code has died down. It is safe to say I am 100% on he defibrillator. For ROSC. That is post 300mf amio. Then vfib, then I shocked. Died 24 hours later, BUT. I'm 100% on the defib pads!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Got a steal of a deal on a Littmann, was talking about it with one of my buddies on the phone about three hours ago. Just realized it's been around my neck ever since :wacko:

Really :wacko: since I always throw it over the shoulder instead of around the neck

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, I'm done with tonight. Gunshot that turned into a code, then a STEMI. This is supposed to be a quiet truck!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, I'm done with tonight. Gunshot that turned into a code, then a STEMI. This is supposed to be a quiet truck!

Ohhhhhhhh......can I come work with you? I haven't worked a GSW in almost a year.

I am such a terrible white cloud. I'm afraid I'll never get out of paramedic school cause during field internships my crew won't get any calls. :-S

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Ohhhhhhhh......can I come work with you? I haven't worked a GSW in almost a year.

I am such a terrible white cloud. I'm afraid I'll never get out of paramedic school cause during field internships my crew won't get any calls. :-S
Welcome to my world. I still have yet to work a code, gsw, all the really cool calls. And I have close to 600 hours of ridetime completed. And it took three months to gain 64 team leads. And I was riding 25 to 30 hours a week.:wacko:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

You and me both. It seems that all I get are the transfers and then while were out of town, that's when people code...hell, I have trouble getting a call for difficulty breathing :/

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Y'all ask Linuss how we that "white cloud" thing worked out for him :evil:...

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown picks up a STEMI on every shift, guaranteed, have not worked one where a STEMI has not been one of the jobs

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Well....single again....

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Y'all ask Linuss how we that "white cloud" thing worked out for him :evil:...

Well Linuss, how did it work out? :p

And usafmedic, I'm sorry :/

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Eh. No worries. Never doing the long-term relationship thing again. I'm just going to enjoy my freedom.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Eh. No worries. Never doing the long-term relationship thing again. I'm just going to enjoy my freedom.

It is rather freeing to be single :p