the 100% directionless thread

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I recently got g19, love it. Going from an M&P in .40 to 9mm, ammo costs have come down quite a bit.

Yeah, one of the big reasons I'm going to a 9, is the cost of ammo. Plus, the 19 is way easier to conceal. Right now I just OC as its difficult to cc it. Plus, its nice to be able to show people that all gun owners aren't nut jobs. I love having people come up to me, and ask questions about firearms/OC/cc.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I recently got g19, love it. Going from an M&P in .40 to 9mm, ammo costs have come down quite a bit.

.40 Short and Weak? Ugh :p My primary carry piece is still a full sized EAA Witness in 10mm... although I am looking at picking up a blue label G23 and G29 or G20 w/ the Homeland Security Discount (Love that!)

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Personally, I'm about round placement and rounds on target. 9mm has plenty of stopping power for what I'd ever need it for, any more than that and I'm either in way over my head or I'm barricading inside my house with my Mossy :p

. I'd rather spend the money I save on more ammo and get more time on the range, what's the point of having the gun if you can't hit anything with it? :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Personally, I'm about round placement and rounds on target. 9mm has plenty of stopping power for what I'd ever need it for, any more than that and I'm either in way over my head or I'm barricading inside my house with my Mossy :p

. I'd rather spend the money I save on more ammo and get more time on the range, what's the point of having the gun if you can't hit anything with it? :p

10mm isn't too expensive if you buy online ammo :) And I'm quite good at placing rounds on target with it. Plus it works well for 4 legged predators too :)
But yea, in the house the Mossy gets picked up.

BTW.... 3K posts!

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is aboard a very large boat in the Bahamas ....

Coast Guard morning its Medivac, landing assured Carnival Fascination, call you airborne, cancel SAR watch

*Brown gets out clad in Brown's orange "DOCTOR" jumpsuit, beach towel and Thomas Pack in hand

Yes hello, Dr Brown here, helicopter emergency medical service, excuse me, which way to the buffet and blackjack tables?

adamjh3

10mm isn't too expensive if you buy online ammo :) And I'm quite good at placing rounds on target with it. Plus it works well for 4 legged predators too :)
But yea, in the house the Mossy gets picked up.

BTW.... 3K posts!

What kind of Mossy you got?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
500 w/ CAR stock. USually 7+1 loaded w/ 00 Buck and some slugs on the side saddle

adamjh3

You seen the Kel-tec KSG? It looks pretty cool... other than being a Kel-tec.

2 seperate 7 round magazine tubes

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You seen the Kel-tec KSG? It looks pretty cool... other than being a Kel-tec.

2 seperate 7 round magazine tubes

I love the way it looks :) And since I'm a left I love even more that it's like their RFB and has a lefty-friendly ejection on a bullpup. I want one of them and an RFB. I've fired the RFB and it's a hell of a good weapon

adamjh3

Ah, another lefty? Nice. I'm really weird when it comes to that. Rifles and pistols I shoot left-handed, but shotguns I'm a total righty, it just feels more natural. I think it has something to do with how involved reloads are

Yeah, it looks pretty cool, I'm not sure how I feel about re-load drills on it, though - being a bullpup and all, I'd have to totally switch up how I pound those out. With the mossy I roll the top of the gun inboard and feed over the right side of the gun. With that kel-tec I'd HAVE to roll it outboard unless I wanted to feed blindly over my forearm.

Kel-tec gets points for innovation, but their track record with QC is so shaky, so I think I'll wait until the guinea pigs finish with it so they can work out all the bugs it WILL have from the first batch :p

Sasha

Forum Chief
That's why I wear my contacts when I'm going shopping for new frames. MAkes it so I can actually see :)

I'm too lazy to go back to the eye place after my appointment to go eye frame shopping, and you can't do your appointment with contacts in and I am a loser and take like 20 minutes to put contacts in because I seem to bend them and or drop them at least three times before I get the first one in. And I stopped wearing them and need to get a new rx.

Sasha

Forum Chief
6 day in a row for me. Come on overtime!

Someone talk me out of trying to work tomorrow and friday...

medic417

The Truth Provider
6 day in a row for me. Come on overtime!

Someone talk me out of trying to work tomorrow and friday...

Just keep working. Makes more money and keeps you out of trouble. :p

Jackson

Forum Crew Member
So, in my EMT class yesterday we discussed crushing chest wounds and today I was changing the oil in my car and all i could think about was the car falling off of the jacks and crushing me. :/ I was genuinely afraid. haha sheesh! :blush:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
So, in my EMT class yesterday we discussed crushing chest wounds and today I was changing the oil in my car and all i could think about was the car falling off of the jacks and crushing me. :/ I was genuinely afraid. haha sheesh! :blush:

Just remember a good set of jack stands :p