the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
True, but the armed forces have a history of ignoring parts of reality that they don't like. Like the fact that the marines are a part of the navy.

The Marines (Capital M thank you) are not a part of the Navy. They are under the authority of the Department of the Navy. There is a big difference, and it is not ignored, it is just not a well proclaimed fact.

So there.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Yay! First week of orientation done. Now time to stuff myself silly before going back.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Current weather:
13°F
Current: Clear
Wind: N at 0 mph
Humidity: 73%

Tomorrow I work a 24.. 19°F | 3°F is going to be the temps according to the weather guy... with clear skies!!!!

Hey Texas!! ill trade you weather!!!! And Florida.. I dont think Lightsandsirens5 has ungrounded you guys to talk about weather yet.. so please dont remind us about your weather..

JPINFV

Gadfly
Capital M thank you

The US Marine Corp (which is capitalized as a proper noun, as would "US Air Force" or any other complete proper noun) have an issue with grammar?

Doesn't the navy provide all of the support services like medical, chaplain services, etc?

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Christmas music has been on one of the local radio station since two weeks ago. What has the world come to?

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
The US Marine Corp (which is capitalized as a proper noun, as would "US Air Force" or any other complete proper noun) have an issue with grammar?

Doesn't the navy provide all of the support services like medical, chaplain services, etc?

i think they sign the paychecks also... hmm

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

LOL! Marine Corps (s after corp thank you).

They have an issue with having their name not capitalized to show the respect any proper noun gets, that all. :p

And yes, the Navy provides some logistical services such as chaplains and corpsmen. This is because the USMC is a killing force. They are not into the religion business, they are not into the medical business....LOL.

Now here is an example. My dad was at University of Arizona as a pre vet-med student when he ran into a Marine Captain in blues one day somewhere on campus. My dad asked him, "So how does one become a Marine?" The Captain said, "Well Dave, let me tell you ho one becomes a Marine." And he proceeded to do so. But when he found out what my dad was in school for he said, "Dave, let me tell you something, in the Corps, we don't heal animals, our only reason for being is to kill people."

So anyhow............:p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Current weather:
13°F
Current: Clear
Wind: N at 0 mph
Humidity: 73%

Tomorrow I work a 24.. 19°F | 3°F is going to be the temps according to the weather guy... with clear skies!!!!

Hey Texas!! ill trade you weather!!!! And Florida.. I dont think Lightsandsirens5 has ungrounded you guys to talk about weather yet.. so please dont remind us about your weather..

Floridians still may not talk. I can't stop Texans anyhow, so go ahead.

Current conditions here:

Temp: 3* F.
Clear
Viz: 8,500 yards
Ceiling: 10,000 feet
Humidity 78%
Wind, out of the N at approx 8 MPH.
Wind Chill: Approx -16* F.
Precip: None

Bottom line......Cold.

Much better than last night though, wind chill was pushing 35 below.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
And yes, the Navy provides some logistical services such as chaplains and corpsmen. This is because the USMC is a killing force. They are not into the religion business, they are not into the medical business....LOL.
So, what exactly do you think the effect on moral, and subsequent effectiveness, would be if those services were removed?

Now here is an example. My dad was at University of Arizona as a pre vet-med student when he ran into a Marine Captain in blues one day somewhere on campus. My dad asked him, "So how does one become a Marine?" The Captain said, "Well Dave, let me tell you ho one becomes a Marine." And he proceeded to do so. But when he found out what my dad was in school for he said, "Dave, let me tell you something, in the Corps, we don't heal animals, our only reason for being is to kill people."
"Let me tell you ho"?

How, exactly, is the reason for the marines any different than the reason for the other armed forces?

How, exactly, is the word "marine" any different than, say, doctor or the name of any other job or profession?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So, what exactly do you think the effect on moral, and subsequent effectiveness, would be if those services were removed?

"Let me tell you ho"?

How, exactly, is the reason for the marines any different than the reason for the other armed forces?

How, exactly, is the word "marine" any different than, say, doctor or the name of any other job or profession?

Touche.

Dude, I'm just being funny! I was raised a USMC and USN brat. I plan on joining the Corps. I didn't mean for this to get serious! I'm sorry!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Right this second it's a rather chilly 43* here :p But it's supposed to freeze early next week! :p
Floridians still may not talk. I can't stop Texans anyhow, so go ahead.

Current conditions here:

Temp: 3* F.
Clear
Viz: 8,500 yards
Ceiling: 10,000 feet
Humidity 78%
Wind, out of the N at approx 8 MPH.
Wind Chill: Approx -16* F.
Precip: None

Bottom line......Cold.

Much better than last night though, wind chill was pushing 35 below.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is Brown like Brown does and Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown ......

*Browns eyes roll back in Browns head, Brown falls over and starts foaming at the mouth ....

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Brown is Brown like Brown does and Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown ......

*Browns eyes roll back in Browns head, Brown falls over and starts foaming at the mouth ....

is it brown foam Brown?

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
45 minutes into shift and the current weather

10°F
Current: Sunny

I believe its a little cold out!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
It's 72° right now, supposed to get into the low 80's. I might have to put shorts on soon.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
It's 72° right now, supposed to get into the low 80's. I might have to put shorts on soon.

I believe Florida is still not allowed to talk about weather!!!! haha :p

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
And to those of you un-American communists (And you non-American non-communist other peoples, like you Kiwis and Aussies and Brits and Germans and whoever else) I am not at all sorry about the obnoxious, seizure inducing signature I will be sporting until Navy beats Army (again) in the 2010 Army-Navy Game.

But the Commander-in-Chief's trophy is going back to Colorado Springs, because the USAFA Falcons beat both the Army and the Navy this year!