the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That was a damned intense interview. I think it went well :) We shall see

EDIT: And apparently my ACLS card counts for both IV and EKG cert in Colorado :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Medic744

Forum Captain
After working my booty off for 2 weeks at my new IFT company I got the 24 spot I wanted. That is a good thing. Bad thing is tomorrow is my son's 1st birthday party and my mother has been in town since I started the job and despite spending my first productive day off not catching up on sleep but cleaning the house and doing yard work I was priviledged enough to be told I didnt do either right and dont use my time wisely. SERIOUSLY!!!!!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
That was a damned intense interview. I think it went well :) We shall see

When do you find out?

I have an interview for a Paramedic position with AMR at the place where I was an EMT at on Monday... should be fun.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
When do you find out?

I have an interview for a Paramedic position with AMR at the place where I was an EMT at on Monday... should be fun.

Good luck with your interview :p And I should know in an hour or two. One way or another.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Jeesh, that's a quick notice for a job after an interview.

Then again I was offered the job at my last 2 EMS interviews... so... haha. :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Got the job pending UA and PAT :) This is 3 for 2 for healthcare jobs for me :D

MidwestFF

Forum Crew Member
Hooray, almost done with EMT class, state practicals in 3 weeks.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Halfway through 7th to last shift, boring.

Thank heavens!
Tomorrow our computers will be down for up to four hours.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
has anyone ever dropped their patient accidently, if so, what happened?

Saw it happen once at my old company. Both EMTs were fired

JPINFV

Gadfly
The patient hits the ground... I've seen or heard about everywhere from not even reported to lawsuits depending on the circumstances.

cookiexd40

Forum Crew Member
welp the state of tx finaly posted my cert online so i got to work as an intermediate for the first time last shift...ran 9 ems calls first call of the day waqs a DOA and had my first code as an intermediate that night....got her back at the er...kind of wishin my service believed in havein new emts and intermediates ride out with someone for a little bit to train but then again it was fun and went well just havin to do it...

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I am seriously getting POd at DirecTV.

Every month it seems like my DVR screws up in some way where I can't watch TV for any length of time, yet my brothers DVR in the room over NEVER has any of these problems.

I don't give a darn if it's the equipment and not DirectTV screwing up. I pay for a service and I want the darn thing to work when I'm at home.

:excl::excl::excl::excl::excl::excl:

Thankfully I have like 40 hours of saved up shows on the harddrive, so I'll just catch up on those for a bit...

Shoot me a PM if you want some help trouble shooting it (used to be a DirecTV tech).

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
has anyone ever dropped their patient accidently, if so, what happened?

Stepped on a patch of ice as we were loading the gurney. Somehow I ended up under the gurney holding it up like I was benching it. Fortunatly I was able to maintain some thougt process as I went down and I did not let go of the gurney which would have dropped. Our pt did not even realize what had happened, just that I had dissappeared. I ended up with a nasty goose egg on my head, a very bruised tailbone and a sprained wrist.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

LngJohnSlvr

Forum Crew Member
I see... I have heard of medics dropping patients before... the only time that they got into any trouble was when the patient was further injured... other than that... mistakes happen...