the 100% directionless thread

Michael Sykes

Forum Crew Member
Sitting here... watching the Lakers and Heat battle on the hardwood... lights flicker... loud crash (explosive-like) casues the house to rattle. Hmmm... Last time that happened two years ago there was a vehicle rollover right outside my house. Put on my jacket and went outside to check it out. SUV into a powe pole at such a high rate of speed that the pole he collided into was splintered into too many pieces to count. Power lines all over the road on a really bad section of road with a bad blind uncontrolled intersection where people go way to fast (duh). No injures, but plenty of ETOH. Off duty Highway Patroller on scene. We shut down the road with our own vehicles and isolated the section of road the lines were acrosss until the FF's I called for arrived 10 minutes latter... Of course, the 18 y/o FFs were in such a rush they completely ignored the Highway Patroller and myself, and almost ran right into the lines. "Wanna stop and think about scene safety? Whatever... See Ya!" Back, sitting here, watching the Lakers and Heat battle on the hardwood.

Yep, I've seen more than one wonder why we stopped them from spraying water on a burning transformer. Sometimes, ya just gotta pull yer head outta yer @ss, that's why!

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
yeah, I can understand the grandma thing. I can only handle mine in small doses. Otherwise I OD, and go crazy.:p

Right? We can't be in the same room for longer then a few hours. And she wants me to pack my kids across the country and visit her for three weeks? I think I'd rather stare the devil down then spend that much time at grannys. I shudder to think..

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Right? We can't be in the same room for longer then a few hours. And she wants me to pack my kids across the country and visit her for three weeks? I think I'd rather stare the devil down then spend that much time at grannys. I shudder to think..

sounds like a lovely vacation to me. :wacko:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have noticed all really bad nursing homes have "Care" in their name, somewhere.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Bummer...

The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for the Motherlode beginning today at 3 PM and continuing until midnight on Monday.

A Winter Weather Advisory for snow is currently in effect until 3 PM today. Two to five inches of snow is possible by the end of the day around 2200 feet.

Snow levels could fall low enough to dust all of Tuolumne and Calaveras counties on Monday.

The Motherlode's foothills on Monday could see six to twelve inches of total snow accumulation below 3000 feet. Two to three feet of snow is possible above 3000 feet.

Winds could gust from forty to fifty-five mph over the higher crests as well.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yea... I'm hating the weather right now too. It's not forcasted to break 60s all this week. I might have to pull out my ski jacket.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Weather's not bad here. And of course I have so much work that I can't go enjoy any of it.

Yep, I've seen more than one wonder why we stopped them from spraying water on a burning transformer. Sometimes, ya just gotta pull yer head outta yer @ss, that's why!

Yeah, I saw a crew awhile ago ask the same thing when the power company representative flipped out at them. A little scary.

And I think zmedic was being sarcastic all along, btw...

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
Yea... I'm hating the weather right now too. It's not forcasted to break 60s all this week. I might have to pull out my ski jacket.

50s-60s??? Ski Jacket??? Come on thats T-shirt weather, hasn't broken freezing here in almost a week.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah I hear ya. I sure miss my old country life.
Living in suburbia is fine and all, convienient, easy, etc... But it's not the same.
yeah, not enough elbow room and way too noisy.

seriously!? come on,that is warm spring weather. That is flip flop weather.

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I PASSED MY written final!!! not just the skills next week! I am so excited happy relieved!!!

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief

I can't watch it during the daytime. My living room gets tons of light even with the blinds drawn. Not a big deal for me but the kids are having a tizzy. "MOM WE CAN'T SEE THE TV!!". And Im not too thrilled with the picture quality. I keep playing with the settings trying to fix it but no cookie. I think I'm going to take it back. :glare:

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I PASSED MY written final!!! not just the skills next week! I am so excited happy relieved!!!

Congrats!! Our instructor made our tests super difficult with his oh so lovely trick questions. I remember how relieved I was when I found out I passed the final written. Have fun on your final skills! Then you only have state and/or/maybe nationals after that. :wacko: