the 100% directionless thread

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Walk of shame home... Shower... Back to work.

I need to move closer to work (or to Sasha!). That way my walk of shame doesn't have a built-in 2 hour round trip. At least my car is fun to drive...

That's why I keep a full change of clothes in my car, as well as a shower kit, so that if I have to shower because of a bad call, I can do so at the station.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
That's why I keep a full change of clothes in my car, as well as a shower kit, so that if I have to shower because of a bad call, I can do so at the station.

Same. And ever since a call right at the beginning of a shift that got me covered in vomit and horse manure, a spare uniform...

Sasha

Forum Chief
Grrr... I hate NM. Hey Sash, I wanna go home. Know any places in FL that are ALS but NOT fire? Even IFT.

10 people have gotten fired in three weeks.. we have openings. EMT and Medic. :]

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant

Same. And ever since a call right at the beginning of a shift that got me covered in vomit and horse manure, a spare uniform...

To clarify... This isn't the walk of shame you'd want to take into work. It's the get off of work that night, go have "fun" on the town, go back to work in the morning-variety shame walking.

While I did have my uniform in my car, I fo shiz needed a good shower.

Sasha

Forum Chief
To clarify... This isn't the walk of shame you'd want to take into work. It's the get off of work that night, go have "fun" on the town, go back to work in the morning-variety shame walking.

To further clarify, she meant alcohol fun, not nookie.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief

Interesting, people do that kind of thing at my division all the time.... Yet another reason why I really need to get a transfer, but, for now, I'm stuck.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief

oh, my uniforms stay at station!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
10 people have gotten fired in three weeks.. we have openings. EMT and Medic. :]

You working for an IFT or 911 service? Hopefully in about a month I'll have my medic license and will be up to moving about 2 months after that. I just need out of here

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
Interesting, people do that kind of thing at my division all the time.... Yet another reason why I really need to get a transfer, but, for now, I'm stuck.

No matter where you go, there will always be people who like to have fun with friends after work. Some of those people don't like to drive under the influence and stay at a friend's house over night, then drive home in the morning to shower. If people at your division suck, I guarantee there's more going on than just grabbing beers after work.

Sasha

Forum Chief
No matter where you go, there will always be people who like to have fun with friends after work. Some of those people don't like to drive under the influence and stay at a friend's house over night, then drive home in the morning to shower. If people at your division suck, I guarantee there's more going on than just grabbing beers after work.

I often find the people who are annoyed by it are just ticked off because they weren't invited.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You working for an IFT or 911 service? Hopefully in about a month I'll have my medic license and will be up to moving about 2 months after that. I just need out of here

IFT. REAL IFT. None of this nursing home discharge crap! (Okay.. once in a blue moon.)

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
Interfacility transport.

Like hospital to hospital or nursing home to hospital or hospital to nursing home. Very few scene responses like with 911, you're more of an expensive taxi, only with sicker customers and chances to improve on your assessments, vitals, and questioning.

Real IFT is the really sick people, the ones going from one ICU to another. Those having active MIs, high risk labors, the acute, dramatic stuff. Unfortunately at my company, the CCT medics handle those calls...

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I AM SAR BORED...

So I will make a request that I made in chat...

PRAY that Mountain gets a mission soon... a nice swiftwater rescue... a long helo ride... a missing child... a nice remote climbing accident with spinal injuries... a 747 plane crash in the wilderness... a rope rescue off of a 500 foot cliff... ANYTHING... PLEASE...

I am still SAR BORED... someone ain't praying enough for me... or else, maybe someone up there just doesn't like me... :p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
859 POSTS!!!

That means I am number 31 on the list of the people with the most posts! And after only 5 months on the forums... It is official... I HAVE NO LIFE... :sad:

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief

Oh, Gilly, dear, I wasn't commenting about your choice to go home and shower. I was commenting about how many of my coworkers will stop drinking maybe 2 or 3 hours before they have to work, drive their drunk rear ends to the station, crash out on the couch, get up maybe half an hour to an hour before they start, shower, and start work, sometimes still drunk.... (most of the ones still drunk can often times hide it well enough to come across as merely hung over)

And, Sasha, I'm not upset about the walk of shame people, I'm upset about the ones who do as stated above.

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
I can agree with you there, Sapphyre!

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
EVOC tommorow. 16 hour course seems pretty long,considering the amount of studying needs to be done this weekned. and the amount of time i have to spend on EMTLIFE....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm so stoked :D I had a good day