the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm out to play paintball for possibly the last time in 3 months... need to REALLY blow off some steam.

I fell bad for all the suckers on the other side...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm out to play paintball for possibly the last time in 3 months... need to REALLY blow off some steam.

I fell bad for all the suckers on the other side...

Lucky you... I haven't been able to play in months. Our local field closed down

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
That blows. I've been unable to play because of how darn busy I am. The past 3 weekends, I had class, CPR class, and was in Michigan.

I've played 4 times since January, and only a few more since this time last year.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I AM SAR BORED...

So I will make a request that I made in chat...

PRAY that Mountain gets a mission soon... a nice swiftwater rescue... a long helo ride... a missing child... a nice remote climbing accident with spinal injuries... a 747 plane crash in the wilderness... a rope rescue off of a 500 foot cliff... ANYTHING... PLEASE...

I would like to thank the religious ones here who helped out. I am about to crash after being awake 36 hours straight, a large portion of which was spent in the woods in the middle of the night looking for a guy who had "hit the wall", was dehydrated, a little glucose depleted, physically sore, and very exhausted. Of course, he wasn’t where he was "supposed to be" and after spending 2000 hrs (Fri.) to 0200 hrs (Sat.) exhausting myself on this moonless night, I spent the next 4 hours in the role of logistics and planning for the next day, only to have all other team members that are senior to me (including the deputies) bail on me, forcing me to assume the temporary roll of IC (and latter Operations Section Chief) on this little outing... But we found him and got him out of there... AND NOW I AM BEAT...

Of course, I turn on the computer tonight, after 2 days out and about exhausting myself, only to find that I have a new Warning from EMTLIFE for something unintentional and in no way inflammatory... "Welcome back Mountain, good job..." The story of my life... ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh my gosh! We started poking each other in ILS class today. I am proud to announce that I am 1 for 6 right now. It is pretty wierd to watch blood flowing under someones skin. The poor guy I did my first attempt on is going to have a bruise bigger than a silver dollar! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It looks a whole ton easier in the book.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I just had to start the 200th page! (Awaits wrath of spamage)

MIkePrekopa

Forum Crew Member
My grandmother visited my mom and I today. She had this "camping kit" in her trunk. She had bought it, but never used it, and wanted to get rid of it, so she asked me if I wanted it, and I said sure, so I got it for free, I think she paid $100 for it...

Its a decent sized tent, I want to say 10'x14' off the top of my head, but I'm not sure. It also has 2 sleeping bags, 2 folding chairs, a small soft-side cooler, a small lantern, a little camping stove, and I think thats it. Now all I need is a place to go camping, and someone to take. I want to go so bad now.:)

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
sounds like a ton of stuff to routinely keep in a trunk. never know when the need to camp might arise. a few of my uncles are like that

MIkePrekopa

Forum Crew Member
I'm pretty sure she doesn't always keep it in there, that she just brought it down to give it to us. She drives a convertible PT Loser, so the trunk is about 3 cubic feet. NOW... once i get my jeep road legal, that pack will be a permanent fixture in the trunk, unless I need room for stuff.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Jeeps are fun :D And Lifeguard, I'm jealous. I love CJ8s. I've got an 83 CJ7

Sasha

Forum Chief
I got to feed alligators yesterday.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What did ya feed em?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And I'll be taking post #2k