the 100% directionless thread

Epi-do

I see dead people
It's Sunday at the firehouse. That means BRUNCH!!!! Gonna have me some hash browns, eggs, biscuits and gravy. YUM!!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
1994 Honda Civic, 2 door with a deer crumpled hood. Got over 200K miles on it, on the second engine and currently with a muffler that didn't handle the ridge of snow between the tire tracks in my driveway well. Sigh.. as long as the repairs are less than a car payment, I'm keeping it. I like my mechanic better than I do the local car lot guys.

medic417

The Truth Provider
So I was saying just the other day that fire and vollys do not belong in EMS any longer. Why someone asked? Well says me you are failing to put what is best for the patient when you attempt to do to many things. Someone then says I see so you are saying being a jack of all trades could be bad medicine. Thats right I said as anything divided is weaker than its whole sum. A citizen standing nearby says you know that makes perfect sense, why do some citys choose to ignore something so obvious? Beats me says I.

EMTWintz

Forum Lieutenant
I am sitting here reading all the things I missed, Jamming to Vanilla Ice. How lame am I?

NJN

The Young One
hitwall3.gif
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIght.
hitwall3.gif

Don't turn this thread into Volly vs. Paid debate. Its been talked about and talked about before.

medic417

The Truth Provider
hitwall3.gif
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIght.
hitwall3.gif

Don't turn this thread into Volly vs. Paid debate. Its been talked about and talked about before.

Darn must have missed that.:p

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
well wouldnt you know it, screwed again!

im not really all that auto mechanically inclined. i can do simple parts changing and maintenence and what not, but if its more complicated that spark plugs or an alternator, i send it out. today, a very familiar thing happened to me.

for several years, i have been the only person to have trouble with any of my vehicles i can work on em and work on and get nothing, but the minute i invite(pay/drag) someone over to fix something for me, my vehicle magically jumps back to life with out so much as a hiccup. this isnt a once in a lifetime type of deal, its happned a half dozen times anyway.

so today, after weeks of hasles and headaches and phone conferences with my mechanic, i decide to send the car in to the shop. i had previously been assured that the fuel pump was on its way out(a common problem in my truck). my truck wouldnt start to save my life. i made sure the battery was fully charged and tried to start it on more than one occasion, to no avail.

so bright and early this am, i rise and call the tow truck. he arrives almost two hours early(shocking right?) and asks me the usual questions about the truck. battery age, fuel, noises etc. i tell him all the particulars and say that is already been remote diagnosed. he informs me unnecessarily that policy states every effort must be made to avoid towing it, which i knew and was expecting. so he get out the cables and hooks everything up and wouldnt you know it, true to form it fires right up without so much as a moments hesitation. so there i am, loking sheepish and emasculated. he packs up and drives off.

now, this is a problem ive been having with the truck for weeks. with a potential job on the radar, i decided that it was going to the shop anyway. now, im not made of money. i have a few bucks that been getting me by for a while, but not much remains. i certainly cant afford to be taking to many fliers. i get to the shop, do the usual paperwork, answer the same question, hand over my keys and catch my ride home. shortly there after i receive a phone.

"cant replicate the problem. im willing to bet its the pump though. ive seen this before and thats what it was. want me to go ahead and do it"

"so whats that going to cost me"(having previously priced the pump out at 350
retail

"900-1000 after all is said and done." gulp...350 for the pump plus markup, 93/hr labor tax etc.

i hate my life just a little bit more each and every day.....

EMTWintz

Forum Lieutenant
It's okay to talk to yourself, just don't answer yourself....(in public anyway, cuz people will assume your crazy) Then I said to myself "you are" then that just started a fight. I ended up kicking my ***!

NJN

The Young One
Has anyone else noticed that the sayings on Necco Sweethearts are getting more ridiculous?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Wow the unprofessional topics on this site are really disheartening.

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

medic417

The Truth Provider
i dont hate it here and constantly complain.

well, i dont hate it here...

no reason to leave.

I point out 1 thing and you start crap. Admin should ban you for starting a hostile environment.

NJN

The Young One
imagine that, a worthless post on a worthless site...go figure.

Well then why are you still here?????????????????

We like it here, so we stay, if you think this is a worthless site, go play on some other site instead of making yourself look like an a:censored::censored:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I point out 1 thing and you start crap. Admin should ban you for starting a hostile environment.

You started the hostile enviorment with your post. Kev just was Kev. You can't ban Kev for being Kev. He can't help it.