the 100% directionless thread

8jimi8

CFRN

8jimi8

CFRN
So I go to court Thursday for a traffic citation from 2 years ago. Long story short, car pulled infront of me, I hit brakes, I tapped the other car. No damage to either vehicle, no paint trade, no dents (it was under 5mph), no insurance claims, no health claims, cop did not see the incident and just responded per my phone call to cover my own butt. Officer wrote me for "failure to control speed", which is Texan for "was in an accident and I think he's at fault"

I pled not guilty, and am going off the basis of the state cannot meet its burden of proof and prove its case as the officer didn't witness the accident and there was no physical evidence that an accident had even occurred.

Debating if I want to wear my Paramedic uniform. If I do, I can A) Claim I just came from work, B ) I drive emergency vehicles, so I can drive safely, and C) Show my CEVO card... and and D) Claim I can't pay the $400 ticket as I don't make any money. Or would it be too obvious?:p

Heck, it was 2 years ago, so hopefully the officer doesn't even show up.

wearing your uniform may be over the top. You can simply state that fact that you drive emergency vehicles for a living... if you think that might make the judge NOT make an example out of you.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
you just need a girlfriend from your paramedic class...

Nope. the only single female in our class happens to have slept around more than anyone I've ever met. No thanks. Besides theres a reason i'm headed to NM is three days :)

8jimi8

CFRN
Nope. the only single female in our class happens to have slept around more than anyone I've ever met. No thanks. Besides theres a reason i'm headed to NM is three days :)

Could this be the enigmatic "11th" you were so tight lipped about? (TsWSS)

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Could this be the enigmatic "11th" you were so tight lipped about? (TsWSS)

Possibly... TsWSS? WTH does that mean?

8jimi8

CFRN
Thats what she said haahahah

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thats what she said haahahah

Heh I was wondering if it was something like that, but that s as a second letter threw me off.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I thought in your posts about the 11th on Facebook that you were talking about the iPad release date. ha ha, guess I'm a nerd.

...still counting down the days to the 11th myself, gonna be one of the first ones in line for iPad 2. On the way back through from getting my iPad 2, I am gonna sell my iPad 1 back to best buy as part of their buy back program.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I thought in your posts about the 11th on Facebook that you were talking about the iPad release date. ha ha, guess I'm a nerd.

...still counting down the days to the 11th myself, gonna be one of the first ones in line for iPad 2. On the way back through from getting my iPad 2, I am gonna sell my iPad 1 back to best buy as part of their buy back program.

lol, I don't have the money for an ipad right now :p
No, I'm going to Western NM to visit someone on the 11th. I'm leaving here right after I get off work on the 10th.

HappyParamedicRN

Forum Crew Member
The IPAD ROCKS! I have had mine for a couple months and itwas the best 600 I ever spent! Best Buy has the 1 st generation on sale to get ready for the new ones!

Go get one, it will be well worth your money!!

HappyP

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yeah... I'm not going to spent $600 on a giant iPod touch that proclaims to be a tablet computer when it's not.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah... I'm not going to spent $600 on a giant iPod touch that proclaims to be a tablet computer when it's not.

Linuss, it will provide you a bigger screen so you can take the video of the accident when mayhem strikes.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZXM_g3mqew[/YOUTUBE]\

Plus, I love my iPad. I am developing some pretty awesome medical apps that are going to hit the app store soon. iOS 4.3 is going to add even more functionality as well.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
If you showed up to court here in your Ambulance Officer uniform you'd get fired.

So, um, Brown says no.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Watching a season of Walker Texas Ranger I got for 13 bucks.

LOVE IT!!!!

*breaks out into theme song*

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Not EMS related.....but.....it's a little disturbing when this happens like five miles from your home.

Federal authorities have arrested at least one person allegedly connected to a backpack bomb found during a Martin Luther King parade in January.....Viewers in Stevens County told KHQ at least nine FBI vehicles sped towards a house near Highway 395 south of Colville. At least two counter-assault vehicles were also at the house, according to the viewer.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Ladies and gentleman, thanks to the electronic version of Annie, I am now CPR certified for another two years. Your applause and standing ovation is not necessary. Thank you.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Not EMS related.....but.....it's a little disturbing when this happens like five miles from your home.

A couple of weeks ago, they found a pipe bomb in one of our US Bank Buildings, they cleared the area and had the EOD team take care of it.