the 100% directionless thread

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Sitting here with a box of kleenex, a giant economy sized box of Dayquil, bottled water, and a simmering hatred of the 18 year old who coughed in my face the other night and is responsible for the head cold I now have.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Should have added the word "patient"; apparently, Mom never told her the one about covering your mouth when you're ill and not to cough in the face of the nice ambulance guy who's taking you to the taxicab, er, ambulance...

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTWintz

Forum Lieutenant
Wth

Gieseking Funeral Home & Ambulance Service Altamont ILS/D

I think this is slightly WRONG!!!

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant

Actually, that's where ambulance service got it's start. And, the reason early ambulances were the same vehicle type as hearses. The ambulance was driven by funeral home staff. So, if you were seriously ill or injured, they would come pick you up. Depending on how you did on the trip, I guess, determined if they turned right to the hospital or left to the funeral home.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Actually, that's where ambulance service got it's start. And, the reason early ambulances were the same vehicle type as hearses. The ambulance was driven by funeral home staff. So, if you were seriously ill or injured, they would come pick you up. Depending on how you did on the trip, I guess, determined if they turned right to the hospital or left to the funeral home.

I had one of these guys on a call. His 365# wife had just blown out her knee 3/4 of a mile up a river trail showing off for their grandson. We're packing her out and he's critiquing our methods. At one point one of the ffs, red in the face and sweating bullets turned to the guy and asked.. "Do you want to take a turn on the Stokes cuz I can take a break"

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, I'm screwed. Paying off a cruise for my parents 25th wedding anniversary, medic school, and now my bank messed up and is saying I'm overdrawn by almost 700 bucks. There go my next 2 paychecks.

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
what would you do for a klondike bar?

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Right now it's -10, -25 with windchill and it's quickly dropping. Ice cream just doesn't sound like a good idea at the moment.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Sorry kev, can't answer that one.

flhtci01

Forum Captain

In this area there are couple of private ALS services owned and operated by funeral homes.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief

Epi-do

I see dead people
Right now it's -10, -25 with windchill and it's quickly dropping. Ice cream just doesn't sound like a good idea at the moment.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. It is never too cold for ice cream!!!

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

you're forgetting that this is exactly where this biz started.

also, nothing wrong with one stop shopping.

EMTWintz

Forum Lieutenant
Had a squad mate show up to a full arrest wearing his Dep.Coroner jacket. Not a good moral booster for the family