the 100% directionless thread

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
The clutch going out on my car had overreached my mechanical abilities, particularly since I broke one of the brake line bleeders off. Hopefully it'll start tomorrow and the clutch and brakes will both work long enough to (slowly) drive it to a shop. In the meantime, I'm stuck with sleeping on the floor at the fire station again.

The good news is that the temperature outside climbed above zero degrees Fahrenheit today.

Seirende

If you take a medic's car away, she will have to stay at the station. While sitting by herself at the station, she will get bored and download a music app. The music app will have an Irish station. Listening to Irish music will make the medic's feet itch. Itching feet will lead to the medic trying to remember tap dance combinations while wearing work boots.

It's been a few years, but I am definitely looking for my tap shoes when I get home.

Seirende

Happy 600,000 posts, EMTLife!

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My reaction when dispatch puts us out of service for the night right as we pass the exit to go back to headquarters....
giphy.gif

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
9fbc1fb4cec6b42855dbadf2d53ef14c.jpg

Breakfast tacos for me and the gf. And a beer for me :)

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Ran 10 calls yesterday with 7 transports. We have had 3 transports today and we still have 8 hours to go... TGIF

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Checking up on PulsePoint every hour and the city is going to hell due to the rain today. Have already had an overturned bus kill 2 women, a fire, and multiple medical emergencies happening. I'm wearing my Medical Services rain jacket today, not sure if that was a smart idea.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Welp, I wont be traveling to Honolulu in Feb for their Physical Ability Test, but the good news is they said my name will remain on the list for the next scheduled PAT (whenever that'll be lol, who knows, maybe I'll have to decline due to being in LA City's tower haha)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Checking up on PulsePoint every hour and the city is going to hell due to the rain today. Have already had an overturned bus kill 2 women, a fire, and multiple medical emergencies happening. I'm wearing my Medical Services rain jacket today, not sure if that was a smart idea.
Heard a bunch of sirens going up the street next to my house, sounded more than the normal Engine+squad+ambulance response for medicals lol, so I checked Pulse Point, apparantly there's one heck of a TC a couple blocks away, 2x Engine Companies, 1x Quint, a paramedic Squad and Battalion Chief all responding (unfortunately County Fire doesn't report which or how many ambulances responding to Pulse Points server but I can guess there's at least one or two.....plus how ever many cops)

I've worked two fatality MVA's within three days. People really need to learn how to drive.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Well, managed to burn the sh*t out of my hand today while at work. Was trying to pour some crazy hot water from our espresso machine into a drink and missed...right onto my right hand. :eek:

Well, managed to burn the sh*t out of my hand today while at work. Was trying to pour some crazy hot water from our espresso machine into a drink and missed...right onto my right hand. :eek:
Ouch, you okay?

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Ouch, you okay?
It still hurts like hell and it's pretty red. I took my sweater off and I pull it on my hand and ended up in tears. We'll see how it is tomorrow.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I remember one time way back in High School I was making a Cup of Noodles soup for lunch using the microwave in the JROTC classroom....well my jacket I was wearing had a hole right in the cuff of the sleeve, and when I went to retrieve my bountiful meal, the hole in my cuff caught on one of the prongs on the microwave door, which caused me to splash the near boiling liquid out of the styrofoam cup and onto my hand.....and because my cuff was still caught on the door it took me like a minute to get free, the whole time being scalded by that bit of soup on my hand before I could get it off (much less find cold water). That hurt like HELL, so I know your pain full well. I had a good 2nd degree burn blister for like a week or two later (and of course this was a Thursday or a Friday and I was going camping that weekend haha)